October 29, 2009

August 2009

Continuation of catching up on blogging part 3. Again I will try my best to remember everyone and everything that happened in here.

Bryan came and stayed with us again to do a week of runs with the Ogden Paramedics. He cooked one night for us. He is a great cook! He will be back off and on until he gets 300 hours (I think) in on these runs. Most of them will be in Ogden but he will do at least one week here in Logan.

My grandmother has been hospitalized several times for a blockage in her bowels. At one point it was decided that the hospital wasn't making her better. She was just being maintained. So my uncle took her home with him. She can't live alone anymore due to her need to have someone watching over her at all times. She has been put on a liquid diet and has to have oxygen. From time to time she gets really confused. When they turn up her O2 she seems to get better. I can tell my mom is so worried about her. The week before school started Les had finished up work so we headed to Myton. I visited with her as much as I could. I took in framed pictures of our family. Les' mom had made a really cute vase from plastic canvas. We bought some flowers (fake so they would last) to put in it and took it too Grandma. Oh we also learned that she has the beginnings of CHF (congestive heart failure). Because of which she has been put on hospice. I cried when I found out. People are put on hospice when it is certain that they are going to die. It may not be soon but it will be sooner than we will be ready for. So we will try to use what time we do have to be as prepared as we can.

On to happier topics.

Ok so it may not be a "happier" topic but school started again. Les was already stressed out on the first day. Not a good sign.

We got a new church calling. We were put on the ward activities commitee. We helped out with the ward swim party. (It is October so I will add that we no longer have that calling and I will explain that in another post.)

No comments: