So the kids have been sick. Emma had a runny nose and a cough last Friday. Sammi woke up on Sunday a little sick but not enough to be concerned. By Tuesday Emma was doing better but Sammi had gotten bad enough we took her to the doctor. Turns out we were right to do that. Although it is not confirmed the Dr. thinks she has RSV. It is confirmed that she has croup and an ear infection. The Dr. prescribed an antibiotic for her ears and a steriod for the croup. I gave her the meds when we got home and by that evening the color had returned to her face and she was acting more like herself again (also thanks to the warm homemade chicken noodle soup I made for dinner). She still wakes up coughing in the middle of the night but I can rock her back to sleep. She is doing so much better than we thought she would. We are truly grateful for that. My biggest fear thinking we would have to relive what we went though last year.
So for now I can say things are going well.
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment