March 25, 2014

Is life conspiring against me?

I'm not sure where to start.  I just know I need to get things out before I explode.  Since I am pregnant that would not be my preferred result.   Let me see if I can get this all down without it being a rambling mess. 
1 - I thought life would be easier with one dog.  In some ways it is.  We go through less food and there is less number two to clean up in the yard.  Also, the kids have been better about making sure that they give the dog attention.  However, the other dogs helped in the entertainment department a whole lot better.  Within the first week of our becoming a one dog family we learned something rather disturbing about our dog.  She is a klepto.  She will grab onto something and haul it off outside to chew it to death.  How did we find out?  That is a rather interesting story.  We had some friends over for dinner.  Afterward we cleared the table to play games.  At one point the baby woke up and our friend started looking around to find a pacifier.  She couldn't find it.  We helped her look but it was still missing in action.  So rather than delaying for a little while the baby demanded to be fed.  When the feeding was over again the mother was looking around but this time for the burp cloth.  We all looked but could not find it.  So she used the blanket instead.  Then she laid the baby out on the blanket on the table so she could watch over and play with her while we played a game.  At one point she noticed that the baby started to slide off the table.  Our dog had taken hold of the blanket and pulled.  I got her to let go and I ushered her to the dog door.  As I was trying to lock the dog door I noticed a fabric like object on the deck.  I stepped outside and there on the deck was the burp cloth.  I took it in, gave it back, turned on our yard light and headed back our to see if the binky was out there.  I still haven't found it but I did find her nursing cover.  So I have literally become a babysitter to our dog.  If she isn't outside, locked in her kennel, or with someone else I basically have to watch over her to keep her in line.  It is exhausting.  It has helped to have the dog door taken out so she can't just escape into the yard with anything.
2 - March is our big month for birthdays.  Three of our four (and soon to be five) kids have birthdays this month.  Les and I sat down over a month ago and determined which weekend would work best for us to have our annual combined birthday party.  The date was set and the theme determined.  Knowing that our finances are on the tight side I decide I was going to hand make as much of the party stuff as I could.  I immediately went to work making the invitations.  I had to work out a few kinks like how do I print it off so that the inside looks the way it should (you know not upside down).  I made photo frames for each guest to have a picture of them taken with a birthday girl.  Oh and saying that reminds me that I forgot to say that we decided to have two parties.  One friend party where they got to invite four friends each and then a family party.  After all the family drama (that put on more stress for sure) maybe we can stick with just a friends party next year.  On top of all that I planned the menus for both parties and prepared as much of it as I could.  The friend party consisted of games, watching a strawberry shortcake movie, and a tea party with finger sandwiches, fruit, and cherry 7- up.  Oh and let's not forget cupcakes!   The family party was supposed to be simpler.  More fruit, salads, and everything else that goes with BBQ.  I learned how to make Italian Sponge cake to make Strawberry Shortcake. 
3 - I got the flu.  On Sunday my back and bum were starting to hurt.  I had a hard time sitting through church.  Shortly after starting dinner I felt really off.  I leaned over to Les and told him I was either going to throw up or pass out.  He ordered me to lay down.  Within a hour I had full body chills.  That is when I knew I was in trouble.  The body aches got worse.  They were to the point that I was uncomfortable no matter what position I was in.  Les set up a bed for me in front of our fireplace.  All night I moved and moved and moved some more.  I hurt so bad that by 3 in the morning I gave up trying to sleep.  I just tried to endure the night.  I still had to get up in the morning and take Sammi to school.  I was so tired and I hurt so much.  I'm sure my family cringed everyone they had to cross my path.  Finally, Les was able to take over and I soaked in a hot tub.  Oh it felt wonderful to have most of the pain melt away even if temporarily.  The pain was relieved enough that the Tylenol was finally able to do something.  After the soak I laid in bed willing myself to sleep.  If only it had worked.   At that point I was too tired to sleep.  So that instead I tried to rest.  Rest my body, rest my mind, rest my eyes. It would have worked better if not for all the people calling about scouting concerns.  I felt much better by the time I got out of bed.  Tired but not as hurt.  I made it through the day and collapsed into my bed that night.  Sleep finally came.  It wasn't the best quality sleep but it was better than nothing.  Here is to a speedy recovery.
4 - This is the straw that broke the camel's back.  Last week I failed my initial glucose test.  I went in this morning to start the three hour test.  Everything seemed to be going well. I hurried in to have my blood drawn and drink more of the drink an hour later.  They told me I was too late.  Apparently, their clock and my clock are off by ten minutes.  I was told I would have to come back another day and start from scratch.  I had been under so much stress that I walked out of there vowing I would not come back to do the test.  I called Les and cried like a baby.  I told him what had happened and that I wasn't going to do the test at all.  He tried calling the Dr and left messages.  The Dr ended up calling me and told me either I do the test or I find another Dr.  How compassionate!  So now Les and I are comptemplating getting a new doctor.  I think had he been the least bit concerned about my feelings as opposed to his concern over his feeling I might have been persuaded to go back for the test and keep him as a Dr.   For now there is no way on earth I could be persuaded to go back to him.  Les and I are going to find a new Dr for me and the little guy inside.  I feel so bad for my baby.  With everything that has been going on I have put him through too much.  He has been affected by all the stress I've felt.  He has been affected by the flu I have.  I say enough is enough.  I'm not going to do it anymore.
I must say I feel a lot better after getting that off my chest.

No comments: