July 13, 2008

June and July (so far)

So it has been a month since my last post. My only excuse is . . . a long story. I will try to keep it short by just doing highlights.
First of all I finished my Photography Class, in which I got an A, and then that weekend we rushed out to Salt Lake to pick up Mom, Dad, and David from the airport. From there we followed them to Myton so that we could hear David speak in church. Boy, what an inspirational talk. Let me rethink that a bit. He barely said anything due to jet lag. He looked aweful. Then Les and I had to rush back to Logan. I started another 4 week class called 2-D Design, I got an A in that one as well, and Les started 2 eight week classes. Let me not forget that Emma's daycare didn't reserve a spot for Emma in the afternoons even though I let them know when she started there that I would be switching from morning to afternoon in a months time. So for the first week Emma stayed with Naila Kaufman while I looked at new daycares and went to class. We found Grandma's Place that Friday and Emma started there the next monday. It has been hard to get anything done lately. I believe it has to do with Emma being switched from two naps a day to one. Not by my choice either. While she is at daycare they do nap time from noon to 2. I didn't start class until 1 so I would drop her off around noon. She had slept in that morning and so did not sleep while she was at the daycare. I sure did get chewed out when I picked her up. From thend on hI had to keep her awake until I dropped her off and also when I picked her up. If I let her sleep after I picked her up she wouldn't sleep well that night. It has been quiet the adjustment for all of us. I desperately miss nap time because that is when I get the most done. Hence my lack of posts.
I finished my second class on July 3rd. That night Les, Emma, Daniel, Tyler, and I headed for Myton for the 4th of July festivities. Oh and to make it better our air conditioning has a short so sometimes it works and sometimes it didn't. Six people in a car with sporatic air conditioning is not the most pleasant thing. Add on top of that Emma hardly sleeping which of course leads to her screaming and trying to wiggle out of her car seat. I had a major headache by the time we got there. We had the BBQ on Friday (the 4th) and that evening headed for the mountains. I didn't actually find out that we were going to the mountains until we got to Myton. I had called Mom and Dad a few days before we left to ask if it would be alright if we pitched a tent in their backyard. So we were prepared, sort of. I had sun block and bug spray but I didn't have a jacket for Emma. I used her blanket to wrap her up while we sat around the campfire. Oh here is some dandy news. While Les and I were setting up our tent Emma found some powder fine dirt to sit in. Not only that but she then proceeded to pick up handful after handful and throw it into her hair and down the back of her neck. I was sooo pleased with that.
We roasted marshmallows and had s'mores that night around the campfire. Les was so worn out that he laid down in our tent and never came back out. The only thing that disturbed his slumber was Ben when had to ask if he could sleep in our tent. I wish Emma had fallen asleep as easily as Les and Ben did. The next morning I woke to what sounded like a scuffle. In fact it was. A herd of cows wandered into the campground. At each campsite there were a half dozen or so cows fighting over whatever was in the firepit. I woke up Les to show him. Shortly after that a cow wandered behind out tent and I watched it lick the side of the tent. We headed back to Myton that evening.
We attended Mom and Dad's ward and then we loaded everyone back in the car to head back to Logan. The journey back wasn't nearly as bad as the trip out. The only thing that happened was that we had this car pull up next to us on I-15 and start honking at us. I had noticed what was happening before they honked so I told Daniel (who was driving) not to look. Some girl had pulled down her pants and hung her butt out the window while one of her friends videotaped peoples reactions. It was quiet ugly. Some people are so stupid.
I started my final set of 4 week classes on Monday July 7th. I am taking Art History part 1 and Drawing 1. I have only been in these classes for a week and I already wish I were dead. Every Friday I have a test in art history as well as three quizs a week. Drawing is just plain boring and there is no air conditioning in that part of the building. On top of that I was assigned an at home project that I have to squeeze in somewhere between studying for quizs and tests and my family. To complicate the situation with Emma and her nap problem she has become so clingy. Les nor I can get Emma to walk anywhere on her own. She always wants us to carry her and when she doesn't get her way she throws a temper tantrum. It is quiet impressive. She usually ends up lying on the ground kicking and screaming. I know it is a phase but I am more than ready for it to end. Les told me today that she is acting irrational because she is a girl. As much as I would like to dispute that, she does remind me of an irrational teenage girl. Just tonight as I was putting her to bed a handed her one of her teddy bears and she threw a fit and pushed it away. So I threw it on to her bed next to Les and then she freaked out until Les handed it back to her. Then she snuggled with it for a second and then threw it on the floor.
I better wrap it up now. I can't let Emma get too big of a jump start on me. Otherwise she will be up way before I am ready for her to be.

1 comment:

Reenie Redhead said...

Sounds like you're having a great summer. ;) Don't burn yourself out. And remember, the most common phrase in the Book of Mormon is "And it came to pass", not and it came to stay... :) You'll make it through.
I'm currently in Mexico for another week (my last chance to visit Erik before school starts again), but then I'll be around without much to do but work at Cafe Rio. Let me know if you need a sitter for Emma, or if you just want some company to watch her some morning so you can get other things done. I still haven't come over to your house. Love ya!