August 13, 2009

June 2009

So I don't even know where to begin. I feel like I have a lot on my plate. For that reason I haven't taken the time to update the blog. Les told me recently that I needed to get back into doing the blog because he feels that it is a stress reliever for me. I'm not sure about that but I am willing to try anyway. In the interest of time and for readers of this blog I will be breaking up the missed blogging time into chunks of time. This one will be of June with a little bit of May.

We had Sammi's blessing of course but we also had our family pictures done. We had a couple of BBQ's with my brother Daniel and his family. However, the big news of May comes from Sammi's 2 month doctor visit. That is when she was officially taken completely off the oxygen. We were so excited about that. Also exciting was finding out that Sammi weighed 11 lbs 1 oz and was 23 inches long. Good signs that she was well on her way to putting her hospital stay behind her.

From there we traveled to Myton. Mom and Dad needed help getting their kitchen and dining room ready for tile. It was going to be installed while they were on their cruise to Alaska. We finished tearing out the counters, texturing the ceiling in the dining room, and painting the finished ceiling and walls after they left for that cruise. Les had to head back to Logan to start his internship for the summer. The girls and I headed home 2 days later. I got home in time to spend part of our 3rd anniversary together. Les left work early to buy a few desserts and get some steaks on the grill. He spoiled me! He is such a wonderful husband.

The next weekend we headed back out to Myton to go to the Richens Family Reunion (that is how we celebrated my birthday). Usually the reunion isn't held until the end of July or beginning of August. We didn't know that it was going to be in June until we were in Myton working on Mom's kitchen/dining room. But it was a great excuse to see mom's new floor. It wasn't finished until after we left. Before we left we stopped into Alco to say good bye to Les' mom. While we were there I took pictures of Emma with one of the penguins of madegascar. She loved it! She followed him around the store and cried to go back when we left. On our way home that weekend we went through Orem to see my Grandma who was there at a hospital.

Two weeks later Les and Emma headed to Salt Lake for a baptism and a baby blessing. Sammi and I headed out to Myton once again to drop our Jeep off to Les' parents. They are using it for the summer. Sammi and I hitched a ride home with my brother Bryan. He was headed to our house in Logan so he could get to Ogden early the next morning for school.

Oh I almost forgot! We had our ward campout as well. Neither Les or I could remember the name of the campsite our ward was to be at. Luckily (kind of) we were called in to the bishop's office to get our new calling. We asked were the campsite was. We were told that it was 12 miles up Logan Canyon. So the day of the campout we went 12 miles up the canyon and couldn't find it. So we went a few more. Still nothing. At about mile 20 we turned around to head home. We found the campsite on the way back down. It was about 7 miles up the canyon. Oh well we still had fun. We ate and the girls and I watched Les play volleyball. He was in all his glory that night. We didn't stay the night but we got to know a few people in the ward.

And that folks is how the first part of our summer vacation was spent.






Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: June 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: