May 19, 2009

Sammi's Blessing

We did Samantha's blessing on Saturday May 9th in the Relief Society Room of my parent's ward. I was a wonderful day and a even better blessing. I feel so lucky to have Les as my husband. It means so much to me that he is a worthy priesthood holder. His faithfulness has blessed our family more than words can say.

We had many family members there with us. Present were my parents; Les' parents; my Grandma Richens; Sabrina Les' sister); her kids Madison, Tabor, and Kaydence; Chris (Les' brother); Bryan (my bro)with his wife Julie; their kids Zack, Gloria, Ben, and Emily; Jennifer (my sis) and her husband Kelly; their kids Jalynn, Kortney, Kruz, and Kolby; Uncle Newell and Aunt Adelia; Uncle Reed, Aunt Katherine, and Little Reed; Uncle Ken and Aunt Barbara; and Bishop Dye.

After the blessing we headed down to the school to have a family dinner. I love family gatherings in part because we usually gather for a meal. Oh the food! It is great! By the time it was all over I was so tired and Sammi was angry (mostly because she was hungry). It was a great day but I was glad to see it end.



2 comments:

Mar~ said...

Melanie,
She looks so good! She is darling. And I loved seeing all of the faces of those wonderful people who were there to share this with you and your family. I love that Richens bunch!

ChristopherM said...

Les and Melanie,

Lovely pictures!
Glad that Sammi is in good health.
Sending you best wishes from Toronto.

Chris Mounteer