Here I am sitting in the toy room trying to get some stuff to print. In come the kids. The first thing they head for is of course the play kitchen. Emma loves to "make" dinner. She enlists Khole's help. Then they sit down at their table and pass the yummy goodness around. Emma is pretty good at this pretend stuff. The other two not so much. So Emma dips her spoon into her bowl and the feeds it to Khole (her mommy instincts kicked in long ago) all the while saying, "Open up! This is yummy!" Then she turns to Sammi and does it again. Khole and Sammi both open wide but then look confused as to why they don't have anything in their mouths. Emma tells them both, "Good job!" and claps. So then the look of confusion is replaced with a rather pleased look and both girls clap for the "good job" they did. Too funny. I must smother my laugh. Play does not continue on as it has if they remember that I am present. Oops too late I am spotted and all little girls exit the room.
I love it when the kids get along. Too bad it doesn't happen all the time. The joys of being a parent especially of girls.
After naps: All the girls were playing with their plastic food in the livingroom. Emma gathers it all up and gets the other two to kneel in a circle with her. She then instructs them to fold their arms for a pray. There is a short pause before Emma bellows, "Sammi close yours eyes!" I explained that Sammi isn't quiet to the point where she will do that. Taking my word for it she begins her prayer, "Heavenly Father . . . ." There is something in here that I can't quiet make out followed by, ". . . . In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." I am so proud and grateful that is a regular part of our lives. Simply by saying prayers with the kids we are teaching them how important it is to pray. It brings back the days when I was really little. David would bring home a tiny loaf of bread he made with Grandma Richens. We would take that bread out behind the pine trees. We would pray over the bread and then break it up to eat. I remember thinking it was our version of the sacrament. Oh the things we do when we know something is important but yet don't fully understand why. My kids make me laugh.
3 months ago
1 comment:
So cute! I love this. Glad you are enjoying your mothering. And I love the story of you and David and the bread!
Post a Comment