First of all I don't know what blogger did but they changed the way you put pics on here. At first I liked it cause I can add more than one photo at a time. But then as I was trying to manipulate the pics I realized I lost that ability. I would like that back. So sorry things look weird on here cause I can't change it. It bugs me so I am still messing with it.
Mother's Day was fantastic! Mom and Dad where up here visiting because Daniel graduated with his Master's Degree that weekend. Everyone came to church with us. Then "The Men" cooked dinner. They made deep fried shrimp, steamed broccoli, and eclairs. It was nice. The kids loved that they could go outside to eat. It was great to spend Mother's day with my Mom. I love you Mom.
After we ate Les and I loaded the kids in the car and headed to Myton for visitation and a Family Team Meeting.
I told Les a while back that if he didn't want me buying him a present he needed to come up with something for me to do for him on his birthday. His reply, "Make Lasagna for my birthday dinner." So that is what I did. I made two cake pans of my homemade Lasagna, two large garlic breads (one with cheese melted on top), and a pasta salad. Les added in his own touch by getting rainbow sherbet and sprite for the drink. We were in Myton on Les' birthday because Khole was visiting with her mom. So I invited over some family to share it with us. My sister Jen came with her family, my sister-in-law Julie came with her kids, and Les' parents where there (we had it at my parents' house so they were there). After the kids played for a while I brought out the cakes (Yes I said CAKES, as in 2). They were chocolate. I cut them in half and put a raspberry filling in the middle. One cake had chocolate frosting and the other one had coconut pecan (per Les' instructions). It was served up with mint chocolate ice cream (another item from the Les' favorites list). Sorry no pictures. I had my hands busy what with the cooking and serving. I was so tired by the time I went to bed. It was a great day, good food, and great company.
Now for the Camping. We took the girls camping Friday to Saturday of the Memorial Day weekend. Daniel and Jana invited us to go up with them. It wasn't suppose to rain until after we went to bed. It was raining when we got there. It rained while we set up camp, and it rained while dinner was prepared, cooked, and eaten. Then the sun came out. It didn't last long. It rained most of the night. However the rain held off until after we took down tents and got the cars packed.
The food is what I like about camping. We had Hobo dinners with peach cobbler. For breakfast we had pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon. We had sandwiches planned for lunch but it started to hail so we decided to go 




home to eat.
1 comment:
Such a cute photo of you and your mom!
And fun photos of the kids.
Post a Comment