January 9, 2011

Me and my insecurities

So Les and I have been thinking about taking this blog private.  Mostly due to the fact that it has come to our attention that this blog may be too easy to find for people we don't want reading it (Khloe's bio mom and former foster parents are at the top of that list).  It wasn't really a concern until one of those contacted us via facebook.  We don't have anything to hide.  Are we just being paranoid or is there something to it? 
I really don't like feeling this way.  As a result I have been thinking.  I know.  Dangerous.  Or maybe wow look at the smoke coming out of my ears from not being used.  Whatever it is that may be going through your head right now.  It comes down to thoughts of whether or not people actually read my blog.  Then I think about the lack of comments and that makes me think maybe people read it but it isn't interesting enough to warrent camments.  So there it is people.  Those are my insecurities.  It has helped a little bit that over the last few days I have noticed other people with blogs have wondered over the lack of comments on their own blogs.  Do I write anything worth your time?
Until I close the poll and know if I am taking this blog private I am not going to write about the incredible news that I have.  Just know that it happened this last week.  Those of you who are our friends on facebook have already found out.  Some may have looked at it and thought something else happened if they aren't fully aware of our situation.  I can't wait to post about it.  It comes down to controling my impulses and having some self control.  Until then those of you who read this and want to know will just have to wait.  Maybe it will make you curious enough to leave a comment :).

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I read your blog but don't usually leave comments. You have nothing to be insecure about. Your blog is great!

Mar~ said...

Hi there!
I had to go to your FB page to see your news...I couldn't wait!
Congratulations.
I have struggled with whether or not to go private as well. I go back and forth all the time and I don't have the same concern as you.
Over time, the readers on my blog have stopped commenting. I think they used to comment more because it wasn't typical to have a blog, now it seems everone has one and people are busy and just like to check in and read what's going on without commenting.
But I miss the comments. I like to see how others feel about a subject, or what their perspective might be on what I have written about.
But in the end, I blog to keep friends and family who live far away updated on our lives. And the other reason is to keep a record of our life together. So, it may be boring to others and they might not like what I write but it's our life...
I like reading your blog. I visit occasionally to check in on you and I love to see how you are doing.
If you do go private, please include me!

Melanie said...

Thank you Natalie and Marilyn. I appreciate what you have said. A few days ago I told myself that if I want comments I should first start by commenting on others. So I will be trying to do that.

Jen McMullin said...

I agree with your friend Mar. I have a private blog for myself and my family to look back on in years to come with fond memories. If you like making a permanent record of your sweet family's life then keep on keeping on girl! Comments or not, it's great to get things out sometimes. Your blog is great! But, remember to write for you and yours, nobody else. That's the only to ensure your blog doesn't become a chore, just something you love to do from your heart! Much love!
Jen

Melanie said...

Thanks Jen! I didn't know you had a blog. That is so great!

~GINGER~ said...

You know, even the tiniest things that you may post can be twisted so that it can be used against you, if Khloe's previous caregivers are inclined to do so. Innocent stuff is easily made into a huge ordeal. I'd definitely go private.