How many of you have wondered if the things you teach your kids are actually sticking in their little heads? I am constantly amazed at the things that they pick up on. Equally amazing are the things you teach them over and over that they never seem to learn.
Then comes moments that show you that they are learning. In fact, they do seem to learn well. Last night after we gathered the kids for prayer. Les asked the girls who would like to say the prayer and Emma volunteered closely followed by Khloe. Our previous rule was that the first volunteer got to do it. Emma is always the first one so she always gets to say the prayer. Now that Khloe can talk more I suggested that she get to be the one to say the prayer. Emma of course pouted but when asked if she would help Khloe say the prayer she immediately brightened. Now when Les or I help the kids with the prayer we whisper the prayer to them line by line. Emma knows how we do this so she leaned over and whispered to Khloe, "Say Heavenly Father." Khloe in turn whispered it to the rest of us. Then Emma looked at us with a look that clearly said so what now? Les leaned over and whispered for her to tell Heavenly Father what she is grateful for. So she told Khloe a list of things she was grateful for. She was grateful for her family, our house, and nutrition. At this point I was trying to smother a laugh. When she ran out of things she was grateful for Les told her to ask Heavenly Father for what she needs. She told Khloe to thank Heavenly Father for her family, the beautiful day, and for a good nights rest. Then Les told her to end by saying, "In the name of . . ." and that is where Emma took over. She told Khloe to say, "Jesus Christ, Amen." Since Emma and Les were between Khloe and I it was hard to hear what she was saying. I did however hear the last bit. Khloe managed to say, "Chist, Amen." The love and pride in my heart was so great. I know I am doing something right.
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment