By now the invites I sent out should have been accepted. We will see if I can come up with any good posts for the future.
The most resent news on our family . . . we have gotten even busier. I think the only days that I don't have to drag the kids out of the house to go somewhere are Friday and Saturday. Even then I still have people coming to see me on Fridays. Monday and Wednesday Khloe is going to a "transition preschool" to help her learn to follow directions and learn to postively interact with her peers. The bad part is that she can only be in it until she turns 3 at which time the early intervention program she is in will terminate services. Hopefully she will get into the school district's preschool (we find out on the 24th). Wednesdays are also the days that I take Khloe to Articulation Class (it is also through the Up to 3 program) but she won't be going to it after the end of this month. Tuesdays the kids go to Respite Care to give me 2 hours of alone time. That is if they aren't sick. I haven't had that alone time to myself since before Christmas. I can't wait to get it back. Thursdays are usually the days that reserve for Doctor Appointments and food shopping. I also have our Educator for Bear River Early Head Start who comes on Thursdays. I would kick back and relax on Fridays but usually the Language Specialist or the Coordinator for the Up to 3 program comes to visit with us on those days. That leaves Saturday and Sunday. What can I say. It is nice to have Les home but usually he wants to either sit around and play video games all day, go shopping, or go visit his relatives in Kaysville and/or Salt Lake. Sound relaxing to anyone one else. The last time we went down to SLC there was a bad snow storm. Les had a VA appointment so we were up on the benches on the East side of the valley. On our way out of there the roads were so slick that even out 4 wheel drive couldn't keep us going straight down the road. We were lucky no one was near us cause we were all over the road. What saved us? It was the curb. We eventually slid into it which caused us to straighten out and slowed us down. The news that is worse than that is that hitting the curb took a chunk off our rim. Turns out we were lucky we made it home without our tire blowing. Les wouldn't let me drive the Yukon for several days while he tried to figure out what to do about it. Eventually he had to put our spare tire on so we could get the kids where they needed to go. He is still looking for a new rim.
Les and I have been taking the Love and Logic class. I am trying it out with the kids. One of the things the class talks about is who the problem belongs to. That kids should take responsiblity for their problems rather than the parents making the problem ours and then solving it for the kid. So Les and I have been looking for ways to help our kids see that when they have a problem that it doeesn't do anything to us. The problem only affects them. One thing we found was that since early January Khloe stopped sitting on the potty. She has gone back to doing everything in her diaper. So instead of going over everything with Khloe (since we know she already knows it) we have decided to let her do that. If she doesn't want to sit on the potty she doesn't have to. The catch (yes there is one) is that since she learned how to take her diaper on and off when she was pottying regularly she gets to change her own diaper (unless she has #2 in the diaper) and we walk away and kind of ignore her. That way she doesn't get the attention for it. So now on the few times since we began this that she has used the potty we praise her endlessly. We think she is starting to realize that if she wants us to pay attention to her she is going to have to do her business in the potty again. We will see what happens in the next few weeks.
It has also worked a little bit with Emma. Every night before bed we have the kids go get in their pajamas. As soon as I tell them to go she gets this angry look on her face and she starts saying, "I don't want to get my pajamas on cause I'm NOT tired." I always think, "Oh yeah!" So because of things talked about in the class we are now telling her that she doesn't have to go to sleep but she does have to be on her bed. The first few times she stayed up quite a while. Then 7 in the morning I went in and got her up. Oh she didn't want to get up. I told her it wasn't my fault she didn't go to sleep at bedtime and that she still had to get up. It hasn't quite worked the way I hoped it would. She still tells me she isn't tired and sulks a whole lot but within 10 minutes of getting in bed she is sound asleep. It is nice to have a little time to myself in the evenings before I head to bed.
I have run out of news and energy. Good night all.
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment