March 8, 2011

Satisfied Customer

So a week or so ago after making dinner in our Crock-Pot I went to take the lid off and came away with only the top part of the handle.  At first I was worried about what I should do to get dinner out.  The lid was way to hot to just use my hands.  I used a butter knife to lift the lid off (the heat had the lid kind of suctioned on).  When Les got home that evening I showed him what happened.  After cleaning the pot I left it on the counter for Les to figure out something to do with it.  I was hopeful he would be able to fix it. 
 Now all this time later he is on Spring Break and has time to worry about it.  This morning he decided to act.  He took the lid off of our other much smaller Crock Pot to put on it.  However when he tried to remove what was left of the other lid it wouldn't come off.  He tried using more force.  The result . . . shattered glass all over the kitchen floor.  While he cleaned up his mess I got on the Crock Pot Origanl Slow Cooker website (http://www.crock-pot.com/) to see if I could find a replacement.  When I put the model number in it told me that the site didn't have a replacement part for it (it is an old crock pot) but I could call Customer Service to see if any other product had a comparable part.  So I called.  After getting my name and other information the lady on the other side of the phone told me to hold while she checked for a replacement.  She came back after less that a minute to tell me there is a part to replace my lid with.  However, it was on back order.  She is unable to place any other orders for it at this time.  I thought, "Oh great!  Now we are going to have to buy a whole new Crock Pot."  She went on to say that she could at this time send me a new Crock Pot FREE OF CHARGE!  Wow, how amazing is that!  I started by looking for a new lid and ended up with a whole new Crock Pot!  I will definitely buy their products again and I recommend them to you.

1 comment:

Mar~ said...

WOOHOO! That is definitely a win for you! Great service!