March 13, 2012

A little update on a stressful situation

So for my last post I felt that I should get a few things off my chest.  At the time I just thought I was being inspired by Heavenly Father to help me let go of some emotion.   Believe me when I say I did just that.  However, there may have been more to it than that.  The very next day my sister-in-law Jana called me up and let me talk it through.  Then she told me that they had thought they got rid of all of their son's old clothing but had found a box that slipped through the cracks at her parents house.  Can you guess what size they are?  They just happen to be 0-6 month clothing.  I cried when she told me.  I knew then that while it was good for me to get the emotion out it was also inspiration to get help.  Thank you Jana for helping Heavenly Father answer prayer.
As for the rest of the stress . . .  well let's just say it has thrown me up and down through a whole lot of emotion.  Les and I have been all over the state as well as into Virginia looking over possible places to rent.  Most of the ones we really liked that were in our price range either didn't feel right (when we prayed about them) or didn't have anything coming open within the time frame we were looking at.  I know I have cried over this situation but what really gets to me is the look of stress this burden has given Les.  He blames himself for not being able to properly care for our family.  He forgets the main reason we looked into buying when we came here was because a mortagage is cheaper than rent is.  So now that Heavenly Father has told us we need to rent at this time rather than buy he should know that it isn't because he is a poor provider that we are in this situation. 
Today we made a decision that we are acting upon.  On one of his days off Les is going to get help moving our stuff to a storage unit.  Then he will take time off of work and drive the girls and I to Utah for an unknown length of time just to fly back to go to work.  At this time we are unsure where he will be living.  It makes me cry just thinking about being separated from him.  I want him there by my side when I go through labor to bring our son into this world.  I want him there with us as we adjust to the day to day things of having a new baby in the family.  I don't want him miss a day with us or his son.  While I felt right about this arrangement I am having a hard time with it despite that.  Like we have heard before, "I didn't say it would be easy but it will be worth it."  The only comfort I find in this is that my kids will not have to live in a hotel or (thankfully) out of a car until something else comes along.  That knowledge is the only thing keeping me going right now.  I still have to figure out what I am going to do about a new OB.  I'm not sure my kids will be able to be covered by Medicaid while we are in Utah (which frightens me). 
So that is the update of where we are.  Not pretty but hopefully for the best.  I will do what I can to hold my precious family together.  They mean more to me than my own life.  May God watch over us and keep us safe.  May we be able to follow the path He is trying to lead us down.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I believe the ER will take out of state medicaid but you should double check that. Good luck! Hopefully things will work out!

Mar~ said...

Melanie,
I am praying for your family.
If there is anything I could do to help, I would. If you think of anything, let me know! I mean that!
Are you planning to move back to UT permanently?
For me the unknown is always harder to deal with than the known of a situation, whatever that situation is...if I know what's coming, I can and will deal with it but the unknown is harder for me to accept.
I pray that you will find peace through all of this. Going through such things for anyone would be hard but being pregnant makes it so much more difficult.
But I know you will be blessed and watched over. Much love to you!