July 8, 2013

Disneyland Day Two

I'd like to say we got right up and headed off to another day a Disneyland.  I was so tired that I slept in as long as I could and so did everyone else.  As I was getting stuff ready to go I decided I was going to take my camcorder along this time.  On our walk there I filmed us walking a little bit.  Then Inside Downtown Disney I tried again only to find out that the cable that connects my extra large battery to my camcorder had a major short in it.  So no videos for any of our trip.
 We made it inside!  The girls were more than just simply excited to have more "fun."
 We met Mary Poppins and Bert just after coming inside the main part of the park.  The girls handed them their autograph books and looked at them very expectantly.  I died a little inside when Mary Poppins cocked her head a little and waited.  I knew what she was waiting for because I was waiting for it too.  She wouldn't sign their books until they asked politely. 
We started off with "Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters" in "Tomorrowland."  Here is Emma shooting her laser at the bad guy. 
 Khloe is taking aim to take down Zurg.  Les was behind us with Samantha and Jacob.
 Then we took a ride on the monorail.
 Don't I look hapy to be there.  Loved it because I meant I could sit down and take a load off my feet.  They were so tired after day one that I was ready to make sure I took every opportunity to rest them.
 Then we went to the "Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage."  The girls got a little nervous when the ride "hit" into something and the lights went out.
About then I had to find a bathroom for the girls.  So we headed out of "Tomorrowland" and entered "Fantasyland."  We mostly looked things over while trying to find characters to take pictures with.  That took us all the way up to "Mickey's Toontown."  I took the girls into "Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin."  The line was so long.  Very deceiving since it was all inside the building.  At one point there was a sign on an archway we were walking through that said, "KEEP OUT."  Emma turned to me and with concern in her voice asked, "Why are we going in there?  It says, 'keep out!' mom!"  Oh how I love that girl.  Can't sneak as much past her now that she can read so well.  The girls didn't like the ride much so I won't include the few pictures I have of this ride. 
 We walked around "Toontown" looking at the buildings like the jail in the picture above.  It is the type of jail that anyone is strong enough to escape. 
 Goofy came along and we got a picture with him.
We wandered over to "Mickey's  House" where we met Mickey.
Jacob was unsure about him at first but he did smile by the end.
 We took a little bit of time to play in the "Chip 'n Dale Treehouse" . . .
"Donald's Boat" . . .  
 and "Goofy's Playhouse." 
On our way out of "Toontown" we saw Pluto! 
 From there we went to the "Fantasyland Theatre" to watch "Mickey and the Magical Map."  Do to technical difficulties the show stopped part way through so we didn't get to see how it ended.  The girls had been engrossed in the story.  So disappointed.
We wasted a lot of our day looking for characters for the kids to meet that we walked by so many rides.  In particular, we were looking for Rapuzel.  She wasn't at the "Royal Hall" where we thought she would be.  So instead we backtracked to "Sleeping Beauty's Castle."
I had always wondered if there was anything in there or if all you got to see was the outside.  Turns out there is a self guided walkthrough.

I had a ton more pictures but it all disappeared when I published the post.  Then my computer, which had been suffering for a while, had a down turn.  My loving husband worked on it for a few days to get it back to normal.  Once it was back up and going I started using it again only to find that not everything was as I should be.  So I put it aside and waited for my honey to figure it out.  It took a while but he did find time here and there to work on it.  Now months later it is mostly back up and going.  So I will spare you the pictures and just paraphrase the rest of what we did on this day.
After the castle we went to the "Sailing Ship Columbia."  We saw a lot of neat stuff as we sailed the "Rivers of America."  Then we hopped on a ferry to go to the "Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island."  We ate lunch at the "Hungry Bear Restaurant."  We went to "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" and as we were getting off we saw Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore.   We stopped to get autographs and have our pictures taken with them.
From there we went to "Jungle Cruise" where we had an absolutely great guide.  She had us laughing over and over.  I know what you are thinking at this point.  You are hearing about all these whimpy rides and we are skipping over the big fun ones.  First of all, our kids are still to young to ride most of those.  Second, they were too afraid of these rides. Lastly, the lines for those rides would take most of the day just to get through.  So, yes, we skipped "Thunder Mountain" and "Indiana Jones."
Then we found a spot near the castle to rest and wait for "Mickey's Soundsational Parade."  They kids loved it.  We sat next to a Reserved Section.  Turns out that two of the guys who designed almost everything about the parade were sitting in that section.  We could hear them talking about why the different costumes were chosen and things like that.  It was interesting to listen to.
After the parade we went to "Innovations" in "Tomorrowland."  Les had been waiting all day to go to it.  They had a lot of interesting things to see.  The girls loved the "Iron Man" display.  It had all his suits including the new one he would have for "Iron Man 3."  My favorite part was the house of the future.  At first it didn't impress.  Then we were in a kid's room.  One of the guides was sitting in there.  She saw us with the kids and she asked if she could read them a story.  Of course we said yes.  She had the girls sit on the bed which was shaped like a boat.  She read the story of Peter Pan.  As she read images appeared on the walls to go along with the story.  At the end of the bed was a canon.  When she got to the part of the story where they get to Neverland and Captain Hook is trying to shoot them out of the sky she stopped and has each of the kids take a few shots with the canon.  When they pulled the trigger (for lack of a better word) a whole in the clouds on the opposite wall would appear.  That was pretty awesome.  Too bad it would be way too expensive to actually get in your home. 
We wondered around for a while looking at things until it got near sunset.  We found a spot to sit along the banks of the "Rivers of America."  I left for a little bit to find something for us to eat for dinner.  I little while later the sun set and "Fantasmic" started.  The girls loved all the colors as the water shot into the air.  As that was ending the fireworks started.  It had been a long but wonderful day.


No comments: