What should have been a glorious day didn't seem to really want to be such. My kids all hugged me and wished me a "Happy Birthday" as we got ready to head off on our third day at Disneyland. My wonderful husband wished me a "Happy Birthday" as well but I could see the worry in his eyes. Our day had just began and my feet were already killing me. They hadn't had enough time to rest up from the day before in which we had stayed late to see the fireworks. It didn't help that this was our "Magic Morning" Day. That means that we get to go in early and get started before the park is officially open. I was optimistic that it would end up being a great day until we got to "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." There was a line of people waiting to get their picture in front of it in this rare moment when its grounds aren't packed with people. I thought, "Perfect! The girls will love seeing a picture of themselves in front of the Castle. This is the perfect time to do this picture." I get my family set up in front of it. I raise my camera and adjust it to find the perfect picture. I press the button and nothing happens. I look at it and it isn't on. Duh, Melanie! So I turn it on. Nothing happens. A feeling of utter sickness sweeps through me as I remember taking my almost dead battery out of the camera and placing it in the charger the night before. I call to Les to bring me the backpack. A flare of hope rises within me. I search for the spare battery I swear I put in the bag on our first day. However, luck is not with me on this day. the extra battery is not there. I am cameraless. Of all the days to forget the camera it is not suppose to be my birthday! Trust me my day did get better but it took some time. We went to "Pinocchio's Daring Journey." We haven't shown them the movie so it was hard for them to understand the story. I tried explaining it but at certain parts they would cock their heads to the side with a look of uncertainty on their faces. From there we went to "Snow White's Scary Adventure." At this point I realized all was not lost because I had my cell phone! So while I do have pictures I haven't put them on my computer so this will be a pictureless post.
Next we went to "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" which I thought the kids wouldn't like but yet they did. From there we went to "Mad Tea Party." I held Jacob and worried the whole time that he was going to get sick. He did great but I was pretty nauseous by the time it ended. "Alice in Wonderland" was next. We made it through the darkness inside and the doors to come out for the last little bit of the ride when it broke down. A worker came for us and led us out.
We were close to "Pixie Hollow" so we took the girls there where they had their pictures taken with Iridessa and Tinkerbell. The line to see them was taking too long so Les left to go wait in line for "Merida." While the girls were seeing her I took Jacob to get his diaper changed. Then we sat down and I fed him some snacks to help with the mood problem he was having. Les called me when they were done. We headed back to "Fantasyland" to ride "King Aurthur Carrousel" and "Dumbo the Flying Elephant." Then we found out that the Princess we had been trying to find had her own little place nearby. So we waited in line to see "Rapunzel." I have to say that with all the people we have waited in line to see she was the worst. She didn't interact with the girls very much and when she did it wasn't in the sincere way all the others had. She was more about staring at the camera and being ready for her "close up." I couldn't wait for us to get out of there. By that point we had done all that we wanted to do and see who we wanted to see. We still had half a day left. So we headed back to "California Adventure." Les wanted Samantha to experience, "It's Tough To Be A Bug." So I took her and Khloe (Emma refused to go back) to see it. Now as an adult I didn't find it scary but I could see how scary it was to my kids. Les felt that I HAD to experience it. From now on I will not be trusting him when he says I HAVE to experience something. I think next to the horrible person portraying "Rapunzel" that the "Bugs Life Theatre" was the worst part of our trip to Disneyland (I'll save the worst part overall for later). Samantha was clawing at me to get on my lap because it freaked her out. Not the kind of experience I wanted for her or me. To make up for it we went back to the splash pads at "A Bug's Land" and let the kids play. Then it was time for us to go. We had special dinner plans that night. We went back to our room and got ready.
For dinner we went to "Medieval Times." We were assigned a color scheme so we could cheer for a certain knight (the black and white knight) during the tournament. Just as we were being seated Jacob decided he was done. He wouldn't eat any of the food or drink any of the milk I brought for him. He was tired and didn't care who knew it. He cried during most of the show. Les and I took turns trying to calm him down and put him to sleep. Finally, I got up and stood in the back to rock him to sleep. It took a while but he did go out. It was only then that I could eat my food. I must say that it must have been a miserable time for Jacob. It certainly was for me. In fact, that made it the worst part of our whole trip. In case you were wondering, the black and white knight did not win.
I was so ready for bed by the time we got back from dinner. I'm pretty sure we all were since everyone went to sleep pretty fast that night. The best part was we weren't planning on getting up super early the next morning! Day four of our trip will be on the next post.
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment