On this fine Sabbath day (day Six) we decided to take things down a notch and be more relaxed. We slept in and took our time getting ready for the day. We bought breakfast the night before so that we wouldn't have to go out. When we were ready we did leave to go see the "Mormon Battalion." I went there years ago with my family. Since then they demolished that building and built a brand new one. The tour guide told us before the tour started that Harry Potter has nothing on them. I wasn't sure what he meant by that but I found out shortly thereafter. The picture frames are little televisions. The story is told by the people in the pictures. As you move from room to room different parts of their journey are told. When that part is done you can look at items from the battalion. You can also look up information on members of the battalion. I found the two that I am related to.
Just before we stepped out to see the exhibits outside they took our picture and printed it out for us. Yes, it was FREE! Outside they had an area where they let you pan for "gold." The missionaries let everyone take a few of the pieces. Too bad it isn't real gold.
From there we walked Old Town San Diego. There were a few things to see but mostly it was restaurants and gift shops.
After that we were ready to head back to the hotel and relax.
On day Seven we packed up and slowly headed home. We took in the sights as we went.
That was our journey to Southern California.
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment