September 21, 2013

Lagoon

A few days after returning from vacation we were on the move again.  Les' work reserved a pavilion at Lagoon for a work party.  As a result they paid for everyone to bring their families to Lagoon for the day.  The last time I had been there was with Les when we were dating.  Sweet man bought us both season passes so we went all the time.  Since then it has been harder to go.
I was a little nervous that there wouldn't be much the girls would be willing to go on ride wise.  I knew there was a section of kid friendly rides but I remember thinking there weren't very many.  I hadn't really paid attention since I have only been there as a fully grown person.  No reason for me to pay attention to those rides since I couldn't go on them.
I worried needlessly.  A bunch of rides have been added.  I think the kids had more fun at Lagoon than they even had at Disneyland.  To think we could have saved all that money and just took them to Lagoon!
I'm having problems finding the pictures I took at Lagoon. 
We started them out on "Sky Fighter" in which they pretended to fly and shoot enemies out of the sky.  Then they tried out "Baby Boats."  Khloe and Samantha rode together while Emma took Jacob with her.  Next they were helicopter pilots at "Helicopter."  Then they took to the sky on "Red Baron." Then they did "Junior Speedway" and "Scaliwags."   At this point Les talked the girls into going on "Puff the Little Fire Dragon."  It is a mini rollercoaster but it was still too scary for our beautiful girls.  Then Les took the girls over to "Rattlesnake Rapids."  Jacob was too little to go so he and I waited for them.  We watched them as they floated past.  When they came off the ride they were so full of excitement.  They loved it!
Then we did the "Log Flume" as a family.  Jacob and I rode in the back so we wouldn't get as wet.  We roamed through "Pioneer Village."   We went around "Lagoon-A-Beach" back into "Kiddieland."  Les took the girls on "Dragonfly" (a mini version of "Turn of the Century" aka the swings).  While I was changing Jacob's diaper Les took the girls on "Kontiki" (the mini version of "Tidal Wave" aka the big boat that swings back and forth).  Les then though that since the girls loved that ride he should take them on "Tidal Wave."  The girls were weary but still went along with it since they loved the little boat.  Jacob was too little to get on so we watched from the sideline.  It was fine for the first few swings and then suddenly Emma started to scream, Samantha turned white and ducked her head into her dad's side, and Khloe had a look of horror on her face and a death grip on the lap bar.  While the ride was coming to a stop Jacob and I went to take our turn on "Kontiki."  Les and the girls found us there and when we got off we all got back on and did it together.  After that we rode the carousel and then waited in line for the "Wild Kingdom Train."  
With all that fun under our belt we went to the "Pioneer Pavilion" to eat dinner with Les' company.  After we ate his company did a drawing.  The majority of the prizes where camping/survival type things.  It looked like they found a store with a major clearance sale to get the prizes.  The big prizes were things like T.V.'s, ipods, and ipads.  By the time that was done we were all tired and Les still had to go into work so we headed home.  It was a really good day that I am grateful we got to spend with our family.

No comments: