Day Four = Universal Studios Hollywood
The girls got to meet "Fiona" right off. "Shrek" had just been there but we missed him.
Then we found "Curious George" and the kids decided this might not be too bad a place.
The first thing we did was take the "Studio Tour." I've decided that this isn't my kind of thing. We saw the outsides of a lot of buildings, mostly warehouse style, where yes they are filming some good shows but I mean come on.
It finally got a little interesting when they took us into the tunnel in the picture above and closed us in. Then the girls started freaking out. Emma screamed, "Let's go home now! I'm done with this vacation!" I couldn't blame her with what happened in the tunnel. It is one of the attractions at "Universal Studios" called, "King Kong 360 3-D" The reason it is called this is because the walls of the tunnel all around you are the movie screen. Put on the 3-D glasses and you see way more Tyrannosaurus Rexs than you will ever want to see in your life running at you. The vehicle under you moves as they "hit" you. Finally, King Kong comes in flinging the dinosaurs around like they are toys to save you. I had Emma clinging to me and screaming from one side and Khloe pressing into me with her nails digging into my arm on the other. Fun . . . right? Sure if you are the kind of person you wants to emotionally scar their children . . . for life. I wouldn't recommend this for young children. Oh and lets not forget that Khloe lost her sunglasses in the tunnel.
We kind of made up for the scary stuff when they got to see the "Mystery Machine!" Oh yeah . . . that's right . . . my kids LOVE Scooby Doo!We saw were they filmed "Jaws" while we were on the tour. You know for those who liked that movie.
After the tour we let the kids play at "The Adventures of Curious George." It is a playground with lots of water. I put away the camera and ran through the water with the kids. It cooled us off and helped put the fears
We found "Scooby Doo," "Shaggy," and "Daphne" out wandering the park as we searched for something to eat. Definitely brought a spark back to the eyes of our kids.
As we were wandering around we found a place called, "Mel's Diner" so of course we had to stop and take a picture.
Les wanted this picture with a cardboard cut out of "Mr. Bean" and the car from "Mr. Bean's Holiday."
Emma was so afraid to try anything so Les told her she got to chose what we did next. She chose "Waterworld." It was pretty good with all the stunt people and pyrotechnics. I loved it the most when the plane in the corner of the picture "flew" over the wall and landed in the water. The kids were a little afraid of all the fire but I think that when they understood that it was all for show and wouldn't hurt them they settled down and enjoyed it.
On our way to the lower lot we found the "Command Module Odyssey" from "Apollo 13."
We saw "Bubblebee" . . . .
and "Optimus Prime."
Les talked Emma and Khloe into going on the "Transformers: The Ride 3-D" since they were both tall enough to go. So I took Jacob and Samantha to "Dino Play." It is a playground designed for those 5 years old and under.I love this picture of Samantha hugging Jacob inside of . . .
This dinosaur head!
When Les found us after their ride we decided it was time to head on to our next destination. We headed to San Diego. As we walked to the car Les told me about going on the ride with the girls. As soon as they got off Khloe was ready to get right back on. Emma screamed through the ride. I want to share some of the things she said. At one point they are trying to get away from the bad transformers but they get caught. They are being sucked into the mouth of the bad transformer. The transformer transporting them decides to speed up and try to push all the way through and out the other end. So they do and end up in a free fall. At the last minute "Bubblebee" scoops them up and saves them. Emma is screaming in horror the whole time. When "Bubblebee" saves them she crys, "Oh thank you Bubblebee! Thank you!" I love that she has an imagination and can get swept up into a story. I feel bad though that it could cause emotional distress on her.
No comments:
Post a Comment