I always look forward to any holiday that I get to celebrate with my family (all of it). However, there is something incredibly amazing and exciting about having your own child experience it for the first time.We celebrate Easter on Saturday so that we can have Sunday for more spiritual things. Let me tell you that Saturday was one long and full day. Not only did we have Easter on that day but we also celebrated Emma's birthday, but I will tell about that in another post. So Saturday morning was filled with
work. As soon as I got up I started decorating Emma's cake. A special thanks to Carson for his help. He stirred the frosting while I added the coloring. He let me know when the color was just right. Before we finished we had to put stuff away so we could have breakfast. Once the cake was done it was time to work on my pot luck dish for the family gathering. I had it done 5 minutes before we were to start. Talk about cutting it close. Oh and while I did that, got myself ready, and got Emma ready Les went to Roosevelt to shop and then he went outside to re-wire our speakers in the Jeep. If he that hadn't taken so long he would have then gone over to help my Dad change the leaf springs on his truck.
Mom reserved the school gym for Easter because our usual spot was muddy. Lunch was really good as usual. Thanks again Aunt Barbara for thinking of me when you made your salad. It was yummy. Emma
work. As soon as I got up I started decorating Emma's cake. A special thanks to Carson for his help. He stirred the frosting while I added the coloring. He let me know when the color was just right. Before we finished we had to put stuff away so we could have breakfast. Once the cake was done it was time to work on my pot luck dish for the family gathering. I had it done 5 minutes before we were to start. Talk about cutting it close. Oh and while I did that, got myself ready, and got Emma ready Les went to Roosevelt to shop and then he went outside to re-wire our speakers in the Jeep. If he that hadn't taken so long he would have then gone over to help my Dad change the leaf springs on his truck.
enjoyed all the food too. She is getting to the point where she is refusing to eat the baby food I give her. She knows that the food on mommy's plate is much better. So she eats off my plate instead. Back to Easter . . . Les fed her pieces of strawberry. She got it all over her face and her clothes.Then it was time for the easter egg hunt. While the kids were eating some of the adults took the eggs outside and "hid" them in the grass. All the little kids like Emma got to go first. Emma got one egg in each of her hands and then she was done. That was all she needed. Les let her sit in the grass while all the other
kids ran around. I looked down and saw a couple of pixie-stix type things on the grass. At first I thought that they were trash on the lawn but then I noticed more of them. That was when I realized that they where part of the hunt. Emma saw two of them and dropped her eggs to get them. She held on to them for the rest of the day or at least until she fell asleep and I pried them from her fingers.
kids ran around. I looked down and saw a couple of pixie-stix type things on the grass. At first I thought that they were trash on the lawn but then I noticed more of them. That was when I realized that they where part of the hunt. Emma saw two of them and dropped her eggs to get them. She held on to them for the rest of the day or at least until she fell asleep and I pried them from her fingers. After the hunt was over everyone went back inside to look over their bounty. I ate more food and chatted with everyone I could. Les and some of the other men shot hoopes for a while. Les took a shot from across the gym
and missed by a long way. Instead he hit Uncle Ken in the head. I felt sooooo bad as I watched him hobble from the room. When he came back he looked better but I think he will still hurt for a while.
and missed by a long way. Instead he hit Uncle Ken in the head. I felt sooooo bad as I watched him hobble from the room. When he came back he looked better but I think he will still hurt for a while. It didn't take long after that for most of the families to leave. A few stayed to help clean up. When we got back to my parents house my Dad, brother, and brother-in-laws helped my Dad on his truck (that was an all day project). Les changed our snow tires out for our regular tires. He did it then because my Dad stores our tires for us (for now). The kids played in the yard. I put Emma
down for a nap so she would be happy for her party. Then Mom and I decided that was the prefect time for us to take naps as well. I had only an hour until it was "party time."
down for a nap so she would be happy for her party. Then Mom and I decided that was the prefect time for us to take naps as well. I had only an hour until it was "party time."I think the day was a big success. The best (and worse) part about it was that Emma wasn't interested in the candy. She just wanted the eggs because they were so bright and colorful. I know it won 't always be that way but I can dream. It isn't so great because I have been eating her candy for her. I think the part I loved the most was when she would reach out to pick up an egg and then hold it up for me to see with this huge grin on her face. She is so precious to me.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your pictures. It was a beautiful day. I'm glad we could share it.
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment