August 27, 2008

Summer Swimming

So I feel a little bad. I told myself last summer that I would take Emma swimming as often as I possibly could. I knew that with the way that Emma loves the water that this summer she would absolutely love to go. But . . . . . . . . . life has a way of getting in the way. The decision to go back to school left little room for other activities. When did I finally take Emma swimming? August 1st for the stake swimming party. What a great mom I am. At least food was provided so she didn't go hungry.
It was kind of funny to watch her experience a pool. I don't think she liked the feel of the bottom on her feet. She spent a lot of the time on either my lap or Les'. Despite that she seemed to enjoy splashing in the water. It wore her out enough that she was able to sleep soundly that night.
Then while we were out visiting family we went to Jen's house so Emma could swim with her kids. Jalynn took her into the larger pool first. The water was cold so I wasn't sure she would like it. She liked it just fine. She was tall enough to stand on the bottom and still have her head above the water, but when Jalynn tried to set her down she pulled her feet up. Again she must not like the feel of it on her feet.
After a few minutes some warm water was added to the smaller pool. So Emma joined the two boys. Kruz would lean down and blow bubbles in the water. Kolby followed his lead but instead of blowing bubbles he was drinking it. To someone so young there isn't much of a difference. Emma tried a few times as well getting a few gulps into her.
While the kids were having fun in the water Jen and I sat on the grass and talked about "CTMH" stuff. She is going to get me hooked on it. The most important thing was that Emma had a great time. Thanks Cambridge family! See you soon.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Way cute swimming suit! See you this weekend. I am sure it will be blog worthy.

Jen said...

It was great to get to visit with you.