September 7, 2008

All things wonderful and chaotic

Les and I spent the last week going through our storage. We are moving at the end of this month or beginning of next. We are trying to get everything packed and ready to move. So here are a few wonderful things to make up for all the chaos.


Les and I took Emma to the USU bookstore. While we were there she stopped to smell the flowers. Who cares if they are fake. It is cute to watch her "smell" them. I don't know if you will be able to hear it or not but she is really blowing air out her nose.

Then the Saturday before Labor Day Emma and I went to Bear Lake with Daniel, Jana, Tyler, and Kailey. Carolyn and her family met us there. Emma didn't like the loose sand at first. She wouldn't let me set her down on it. After I changed her into her swimming suit Nick took her by the hand to go back under the shelter. All of the sudden the sand was a place to play rather than a place to be avoided. Thank you Nick! Your help made the whole day go better. When Emma had played in the sand long enough I took her down to the lake. She didn't hesitate at all. She went right in. She soon discovered the joy of mud. She would dig in with both hands and then throw it into the water. Kailey watched for a little bit and then tried it out as well. Soon both of them were throwing mud. Thankfully into the water rather than at each other. At lunch time I took Emma up to eat and then she played some more in the sand. She found a little dump truck that she would load up with sand and then dump. Then she would carry it somewhere else to do it all over again. When we got back to Logan I gave her a bath because that was the only way to get rid of all the sand she brought home. She had a little bit of a tan line but it was nothing compared to the sunburn I got.
My last wonderful thing is that today is grandparents day. Happy Grandparents Day to all you grandparents. You deserve this wonderful day. I was going to include a few pictures but Les got me a bigger hard drive and so all my pictures are on the other one. We love you all.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Looks like loads of fun. Wish I were there.