December 12, 2008

Uncle Bryan came to visit!

Bryan hung out in Ogden for the last week and then came up to Logan to see us. I made steak with sauteed mushrooms and onions and potatoes au gratin for dinner in honor of our guest. Les told Bryan he needed to come visit more often so I would feed him like that more often. I guess I could say the same for him. The only time he cooks for the rest of us is when we have visitors. He makes hashbrowns, bacon, eggs, etc. This time I talked him into doing orange cinnamon rolls along with his hashbrowns and bacon rather than the rest.

After dinner we all went over to Daniel and Jana's so they could visit with him too. Kailey was unsure about Bryan at first but it wasn't long before she brought him a book and some toys to play with. It was a nice visit. Les walked home with Emma to put her to bed. Tyler talked his mom into letting him come home with me to spend the night. We had dessert and the kids watched Kung Fu Panda. Oops don't tell Emma! We are getting that as a family present for Christmas. Part way through Emma fell asleep. Tyler waited until the movie was over and things settled down before he went to sleep.

This morning we were all awake before 8 and then ate Les' wonderful breakfast. After chatting for a while Bryan needed to head for home so he could get there in time to get Emily. Tyler and Emma had fun playing together. A while later Jana came to pick up Tyler.

From then on things were very quiet around here. More like how we are used to things. All in all it was a great time. Thanks for coming to visit! Sorry I didn't take a picture even though I thought about it numerous times.

No comments: