December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving Activities

I know that it has been more than a week since Thanksgiving and I am now just getting to a post about it. It's not that I am slow but that things are starting to slow down around here. So here is what happened . . . . .

Wednesday we headed out for Salt Lake. When we got there Sabrina (Les' sis) told us that they were at the zoo because it was free admission day. Just a plug, Hogo Zoo is doing free admission for everyone on the last Wednesday of every month until Feburary. It was too good a deal to pass up. We had been wanting to take Emma to see the animals for months and of course Les can't pass up anything free. Here are some of the pics.

Emma loved the swans and ducks!

The sign behind Les has a monkey on it. Since it was the day before Thanksgiving I had to take a picture of the turkeys.
The wolf and cheetah!
Emma didn't want to leave this statue behind!
Giraffes and penguins

Bears and boars
Cougars and elephants

Les and Emma with the elephant statue. I had to include the one with me to prove through a picture that I was really there.

From there we went to Sabrina's house to find an almond in some pudding. Les' grandma used to do this with her grandkids all the time. This year she wanted to renew the tradition. Guess who found the almond . . . . I did! Misleading I know. It was in Emma's pudding. I found it cause I was feeding it to her.

Emma got a candle and a gift certificate to WalMart for getting the almond in her cup of pudding. Les' nieces, Madison and Kaydence, and his Grandma Cheney.

Les' aunt Tammy and Sabrina. Emma with Zander? (Xander maybe) I'll have to ask how it should be spelled.

From Sabrina's we rushed out to Myton. I got the feeling from some of the people I talked to about our plans that they didn't understand why we were in a hurry to get there. Here are the reasons: 1- School Burn Out 2- To get away from our regular, overwhelming routine/lives 3- I don't enjoy a lot of traveling while I am pregnant (go figure) and 4- I hate traveling on a holiday. Not for normal reasons. I hate it because to me a holiday is for relaxing, eating, and sharing stories not for travel and other undue stress. Holidays are stressful enough with out adding other unnecessary things.
That night we precooked part of our potluck dish. That way all we had to do on Thanksgiving is throw it all together and put it in the oven for a little while. Between that and getting set up in our room for the weekend we didn't get to bed until midnight. Morning came all too soon.
This post it pretty long and I have a ton more pictures so I will save Thanksgiving Day for its own post. On Friday I watched my nephews while my sister Carolyn braved the throngs on shoppers for the Black Friday sales. That night for the first time all of my siblings, their spouses, and my parents were all in the temple together. It was amazing! It is something I hope we will all be able to do again and again. Saturday night we had game night at Jen's house. Kind of. For the most part the guys and the kids watched a movie in the familyroom while my sisters, my oldest nieces, and I played games and snacked in the diningroom. Les and I were going to see Twlight that night but we were having so much fun that 10 minutes before it was to start we realized what time it was and decided to skip it and go another night (I am still waiting for it).

It was a great weekend even though Les and I spent the majority of it doing homework and/or job related work.

No comments: