November 24, 2008

Sleepless Nights?

I have been struggling lately with getting Emma to sleep. Why you ask? On Saturday Emma lost the last of the binky's (that we can find). That is when I decided that I was tired of going out to buy a new one everytime she looses them. So as of Saturday night Emma is going binky free. She is quite unhappy about it (imagine that).
When Les came home I explained what happened and what I was doing about it. He asked me what we were going to do if she finds one. I let him know that as soon as she was distracted that we would take it and stick it in a drawer so the new baby will have some when she comes along.
So for now we are trying our best to cope while Emma goes through "binky withdrawal." It does break my heart when she comes to ask for it. However, it sounds a lot like how she says baby so I pretend that is what she is looking for. And since I can't give her something that I don't have she will have to learn to cope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keith is a whole year older and I'm just now at the same place. I know where three night-night's are right now (that's what he started calling them when he realized that I gave one to him when it was time to go night-night). I'm happy for you that you're able to start this process earlier than I have been able to. It's hard work that I've just not felt up to dealing with until now. Good luck to us BOTH!

-Ginger