November 22, 2008

My dear, sweet, genius husband

This last week has been a true trial. The first part I already talked about. For an update Emma is doing great. No sign of a fever anymore. She has rebounded nicely. I have to admit brain damage did cross my mind. However, she doesn't seem to have regressed. I am so grateful for that.
As for the rest of the week . . . isn't the saying that when it rains it pours. It has been pouring here. Les' motherboard is going bad, my hard drive (not yet 3 months old) died, and something else is wrong with my computer.
The genius part comes in when Les was able to salvage the majority of my pictures. He was able to take my last hard drive and resurrect almost all the information that was ever on it. He also used Picasa to bring even more pics back. The sad part was that I was slowly fixing imperfections in the pictures so that I could burn them to a DVD. If I had worked harder and faster I wouldn't have lost some of the pictures that I did lose.
As for the other stuff Les has been looking for a new computer. If a new motherboard didn't cost as much as new computer I think he would have gone that route. As it is his laptop keeps shutting down on him. Which is the same thing that mine has started to do. Les thinks my motherboard is going bad as well but he isn't sure yet. It wouldn't be so bad if Les didn't need his computer for work and I didn't need mine for my computer class. We will make do for now. Les' boss let him bring home a desktop to use. I don't think he was counting on my using it too. However, since I need a computer to put my adobe programs on so I can finish my final project it looks like I will be using it more than Les.
So here is to my wonderful husband . . . I love you so much and I want you to know that I think you are the most talented person in the world. Thank you.

1 comment:

Papa and Mama said...

You just gave me more food for thought for my talk in sacrament meeting.
Thanks
And Thanks to Les for coming to your rescue! And mine every time my computer goes down.