Before I start I must tell everyone how talented and wonderful my husband is. Les decided what he wanted Emma to be for Halloween on Wednesday night. He couldn't find anything in the stores that fit his requirements. So he decided that we were going to make it. Let me tell you my stress levels flew through the roof. I didn't know how I was going to fit that in with everything else I had planned. Not to mention that I don't have a sewing machine (or how to use one) or how to follow a pattern. I shouldn't have worried though. Les is multi-talented. Apparently he does know how to use a sewing machine. So Thursday afternoon he went to Daniel and Jana's to use Jana's machine. He didn't quite finish before they came over for dinner. After they went home he decided to go buy a sewing machine. Then he stayed up all night to finish it.
So here it is on Emma first thing on Halloween morning.

She is still in her pajamas but looking fabulous in her cloak.

Emma really got into Halloween. At first she wasn't sure about getting dressed up and walking up and down the street. Then she realized that at ever door she went to someone would bring out a bowl of candy. Even better than that they let her have some of the candy! It was so much fun to watch her experience trick or treating. She even became comfortable enough that she would walk right up to the door and knock. Les would then knock cause no one could hear her attempts. One door that we went to had a skeleton that talks when you knock. At first she just looked surprised so Les knocked again. When it

started talking the second time she looked more than surprised. She backed away and tried to bury her head into my leg. I think the candy she got there helped but she was still glad to get away. The picture of her at the door was taken in at Daniel and Jana's.
1 comment:
Oh, so you did go over to Dan's? That is good. We got to talk to them via video on Halloween night. Made me wish I was there.
Post a Comment