The last few days have been quite the trial. Monday night Emma had a temperature of 104 degrees. We gave her some Tylenol and put her in the bathtub to cool her down. The Tylenol helped for about half an hour and then her temp started climbing again. So we took her into the ER. If it hadn't been midnight we would have called Daniel to help give her a blessing. We should have anyway. Emma screamed the entire time they were trying to get a reading for her O2 level. She was upset because she did not want that horrible thing taped to her toe. She worked so hard to get to it. Then when I din't think she (or I) could take much more they took her to get a chest x-ray. She screamed even harder when they strapped her in with her hands above her head. Les would describe it as Emma in a bottle. I had to wait out in the hall while the did it. I don't know if it was the hormones or that I am her mother but I cried a lot while we were there.
When we got back to the ER the nurses came in with a catheter to get a urine sample. I had this internal battle. I hate to hold my child down for anything (I myself can't stand to be held down against my will) but at the same time knowing that if she isn't held still, more pain could be caused. All the crying wore Emma out and after the nurses left us alone so fell asleep. An hour later the Doctor came in to tell us the results. Everything looked fine. We were told she probably had a virus and that the only thing we could do is give her Tylenol/Motrin to keep the fever down while her body worked things out. Great, we waste a few hours in the ER just to go home and do the same things we had already tried.
We were all exhausted when we got home so we wrapped Emma up and placed her in our bed beween us. Every hour or so she would wake up crying and reach out for me. I comforted her as much as I could until she fell back asleep. Around 5 she woke up and couldn't be comforted. We gave her more Tylenol (her temp was back up to 103) and when it kicked in we could tell a difference. She actually smiled and was more like herself. I went to make some breakfast and while I was cooking she took her Elmo book that makes sounds and would dance around the kitchen. My heart felt so much joy to see her acting better. Les and I decided that she should have a priesthood blessing. Les had used the last of his oil when Kailey was sick so we called around to see who had some. Jana said she would hurry and warm some up so Les could refill his vile. Daniel was already at work so we were going to see if he would come out to the parking lot to help give the blessing. Les didn't want to bother him so when our old home teacher called back to say he had found his oil Les asked him if he would help give Emma the blessing. So we went to their house and a beautiful blessing was given. I can't tell you how Emma felt but I immediately had peace flow into my heart. Les dropped me off at school on his way back home. I was so tired that I didn't get much done at school. Les came to get me and took me home. I emailed the teacher of my afternoon class to let him know why I wasn't coming in. I was so grateful to be home where I could take care of my little girl. Off and on through the day she would run around and be so playful. Then when her energy wore out she would take a little nap.
I can testify that the Priesthood is powerful and that it is a great blessing in my life. I am grateful for a husband who is worthy to have the Priesthood and to use it to bless the lives of our family. Emma's blessing has come to pass. In it she was told that she would know that she is loved and that although she would be uncomfortable for a little while she would get better. She is better. Her temp hasn't completely gone away but it has not spiked back up to those horrible high temperatures. Little by little I see her body healing and getting back to that healthy state.
I would like to send a great big thank you to everyone who prayed on Emma's behalf. It means so much to our little family to know that we have so much support. We love you all.
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment