November 1, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

On Monday night we carved our pumpkin. I couldn't find my camera so all the pictures came from Les' webcam. I think at first that Emma was uninterested. Then as things progressed she really got into it.
I started things out by cutting off the top. Then Emma "helped" me clean out the inside. That was when Les decided that he needed to step in. He touched up my job of cleaning the pumpkin out. Then the carving began. Emma helped us decide what to carve into the pumpkin. She picked out the design with a "kitty" on it. Once les cut away enough of the pumpkin that she could see that the "kitty" was on the pumpkin she got so excited. She said, "Kitty" over and over again all the while patting my arm and pointing.

When Les was done he took it out to our front porch and put the tea lights in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks fun Melanie! Congrats on your 2nd - that's exciting!