First of all I must thank my Grandma Richens for all the work she put into her geneology work. She and my Aunt worked very hard and submitted a bunch of names. My Grandma sent some of them to my cousin Dean so he could do their work.
A few weeks ago he called and invited Les and I to help. He set up at time with the temple for us to meet and get started on the work. Last night was the night. There were 10 people who showed up to help out. Of course, we were there with Dean, Mindy, Connie, Delmar, Pauline, Daniel, and Jana. Before Mindy and Connie came up they met a sister who wanted to do sealings and had not yet done any. They invited her to come join our group. Her name was Sister Soto from Mexico. Not only was it a spiritual time because we were doing work for those who had already gone before but we got to share it with someone who had never experienced the joy of sealing families together. It was such a wonderful experience. I know I shall remember it always.
It was great to get together with family that I rarely see. The sad part is that they don't live very far away. Connie and Delmar live in Richmond, Pauline is here in Logan, and Dean and Mindy live over by Brigham City in a place called Corrine. Yet I haven't goen to see them. I know I am slacking. I did see Pauline at the Black and White days in Richmond. We even sat across the street from Connie's house while we were there. My only defense is that we have be really busy. I know it isn't a good enough reason. I will work on it and see if I have what it takes to set things aside and visit my family. After all the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.
I know this doesn't go with the rest of this post but as I was finishing it I looked over and watched Emma press her face to the glass on our entertainment center. I wouldn't have thought anything of it if it hadn't been for the noise she made. On closer inspection I learned she was kissing her reflection! She is so funny and oh so very cute. I tried to get a picture but as soon as I pulled out the camera she stopped. Maybe next time.
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment