November 7, 2008

So I guess I'm a Blackwidow


That is what Les called me after we went to the hospital to get an ultrasound. No it does not mean that I have planned or even would plan to devour my mate. I'll come back to what he means later.
I absolutely love any sign that my child is growing and healthy. On Wednesday Les went with me to my Dr. appointment. I relished the look that came to his face when he heard the baby's heart beat. It lets me know that this loving man loves this baby as much as I do.
Today I was so excited not only for myself but also for Les and Emma to see the baby. Especially for Emma. Lately she has noticed that my tummy has gotten bigger. One day I noticed her staring at it. I told her that there was a baby in there. She looked a little confused but still accepting. She then gave the "baby" a kiss. Let me tell you it sent this incredible warmth coursing through my body. I have worried about Emma being overly jealous and even mean to the new baby. Especially when she realizes this new baby gets some of her attention from Mommy and Daddy. Her sweet little kiss showed me that there may still be some trouble but it won't be as bad as I had imagined. I want to give Emma every opportunity to see the baby and anything else that will help her come to terms with this change that is coming. That was why it was so important that she be there for the ultrasound. I wanted her to see her new sibling and start her toward being prepared for the future.
She was totally in to the pictures on the screen. I don't think she really knew what was going on.


Now for the exciting news . . .







I don't know if I should tell what I know.










Then again I am so excited to tell someone . . .












We are having a . . . .



















GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!
So back to the blackwidow thing. After finding out we are having another girl he told me that I must kill off all the boys. Thus I am a blackwidow. If that is the case then maybe he should be a little worried. But for now we are just excited to get to know our precious new girl.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Fun! Congrats. As you well know girls are awesome. (Not taking anything away from boys...they are awesome too)

Jen said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting. Maybe one of your 8 other kids will be a boy! :-) j/k!!!

Mar~ said...

Hi there,

I hope you don't mind me visiting your blog.

I am glad that I popped in to see what is going on in your life though, a girl, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's so fun! Just stay away from MY boys... I'm having a second boy!! Hopefully I'll do something right and will end up with good boys, the kind every parent WANTS their daughter to find!

See you guys around! Congrats!
-Ginger

Kortney said...

Hope you will a fun time with her.
And congrants. Come visit us soon.
Hope she is cute!
sincerly,
Kortney