The "plan". . . to use the money we got from our wedding (and put aside for a honeymoon) to go away together for a much belated honeymoon. I was so surprised! Since then I have been diligent in helping him bring it all together. He had contacted members of his family and mine to get help finding the right place and to get a babysitter. My sister-in-law Julie jumped in and let us know that she would take Emma anytime we needed. The one problem we kept coming to was when to do it. Finally we sat down together and looked at the rooms at the Anniversary Inn in Logan, 5th South, and South Temple. I found a few that I liked and then looked at possible dates. Since Les wanted to do two nights we looked at which of the rooms were open for 2 nights in a row. That narrowed our choices down to Tues Dec. 30th -Wed Dec. 31st or Wed Dec. 31st - Thurs Jan 1st. After talking to Julie about what she could do we booked the room for Tues and Wed. And then . . . . . . . . . Bryan called with the bad news. Julie thought she had the days off but then found out a few days before that she didn't. Mom and Dad saved us. They took her to Stansbury Park while they stayed with Uncle Steve and Aunt Carol. Then they drove her out to Myton and shared her with Bryan and Julie. I'm glad it worked out especially since I learned that my niece Gloria cried when she found out that Emma wouldn't be staying with them for the two nights.
It was so nice to get away and have some stress free time. Don't get me wrong. I cried when it came time to drive away without Emma. It was the first time I spent so much time away from her. Les had gotten a long stemmed rose for me that was waiting for me in the room when we got there. Then Les took me to "The Texas Roadhouse." When I was pregnant with Emma I craved stake and since we lived like a block from "The Texas Roadhouse" we ate there quiet a bit. Les takes me there anytime he wants to butter me up because he knows I like it a lot. The next day we shopped and visited a few people. Since it was New Year's Eve Les took me to "The Roof" at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was really really nice. on our way out we stopped in at the Family History Center so Les could get some information on his great great great great grandfather. From there he hopes to learn more about his great great great great great great grandfather.
Les has decided that the Anniversary Inn is way overrated for its price. All in all though it was a wonderful vacation. I'd go back anytime just for a repeat of the time we spent together away from the stress and pull of the world. Thank you honey for the RR.
After we checked out we headed for Myton to pick up Emma. I was hoping that she would miss us as much as I missed her. No such luck! She Smiled when she saw us and then went back to playing. I am grateful to know that she had so much fun that she didn't have time to miss us but at the same time I missed her so much that I would have liked at least for her to be excited to have us back. Oh well I am just overly emotional.
Here are pictures from out time away.


The jetted tub has a waterfall that comes down for a shower.


We got the Bridal Veil Suite with a loft. Here are the stairs going up to the loft.


This is at the top of the loft.


This is the view from the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building
where we ate dinner on New Year's Eve.
1 comment:
YOU STAYED IN THE SAME ONE BEN AND I DID FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY!!!! Wasn't it gorgeous!
-Ginger
Post a Comment