For those of you who I haven't discussed this with here in the news. Several months ago we set a goal for Emma with her Early Head Start Educator to introduce her to The Potty and work on getting her comfortable with it. Much to our amazement she liked it immediately. She loves to sit on it but more so she likes toilet paper and getting to wash her hands afterward. She likes it so much that she will tell me, "pee" and then run to her potty. I have been told that is a good sign that she is ready to start actual potty training. Then there was Christmas Eve . . . Emma had asked to sit on the potty (we were at my parents house and didn't have her potty so we used a portable toilet seat adapter - makes the whole small enough that little bums don't fall in). After she sat there for a minute she started to wine and try to get down. To me it looked like she was struggling to hold something in so I didn't let her down. A couple of minutes later she finally did go number one into the toilet! I was so proud of her and I let her know it. However, she acted like she had done something wrong. So a while after that she wouldn't ask to go onto the potty. She has been warming up to it again over the last couple of weeks. Then yesterday morning Les brought her into to sit on it while I was showering. They sat there for a few minutes and then Emma got off and what did we see . . . Emma had gone number one! We were so excited and we let Emma know she had done a great job. She didn't ask to sit on the potty again due to running around town and me needing to be in class. Then that evening she asked again. Shortly after putting her onto the potty she started to squirm and tried to get off. Les told her to stay there until he could get her a diaper to put her in. When he got back he lifted her off and once again we were surprised by what we saw. Emma went number two! I know this isn't the greatest topic but I am so proud of her. I hope that I can convey that to her so that she realizes that she is doing a good thing. The one problem we are running into with this recent developement is that we were planning to do some hard core potty training over spring break (which isn't until March) when we would be able to stay home day after day while she ran around in underware. Now she has moved the time table up. So we will see how things go from here.
Other semi related news . . .
I finally got into a Chiropractor! Hopefully the pain I have been experiencing will start to be alleviated. It is nice to know what is going on and how I can help it get better while I am at home. The only problem is that he wants to see me 3 times a week for 4 weeks. The only thing wrong with it is that he is only open on Mon, Wed, and Fri. I can do Wed and Fri because Les will be able to take Emma while I am there. On mondays though he is either working as a Engineering Ambassidor or in class from 8:30 to 4:30. I am not sure what I will do yet but we will try to work it out.
We have started to work out plans for Emma's birthday. I know it is still 2 months away but there are some obsticles to work around. I am due 4 days after her birthday. I want to be there for it so I want to move her party earlier in the month. The other obsticle is that Les will spend 3 days in California for a Conference for his research starting on the 19th of March. When he returns he will be attending another Conference in Salt lake for another 3 days. Which means not only will be be gone for 6 days straight but he will also be gone for Emma's birthday. So we have been thinking this through very carefully. We will let you know what is going on as soon as we figure it out.
With Les in school, working, and going to Conferences we (mostly me) have been worried about when I will go into labor. Since I spend most of the my day with Emma I have the Jeep. Know that I have wondered how I am supposed to drive myself to get Les so we can go to the hospital while I am in labor. I just don't think it will work. My sister-in-law Jana told be that starting the week before I am due she will be calling me every couple of hours to check on me. When I told her all the scenerios that were going through my head she told me that if I am home when I start that all I need to do is call her and she will come get us. She will drive me to the hospital and if Les hasn't already gotten on a bus she would probably go get him. I asked Les if he would come back from California early if I went into labor while he was there. He told that of course he would. He is so good to me.
Last bit of news we have finally been approved for housing assistance. As of the first of Feb. all but $19 of our rent will be paid. We are so excited! We have been on the waiting list for a year. Of course when we first applied we were still in the Townhouse which was more in rent and we hadn't even thought of applying to get in here yet. Our lives have changed so much in the last year. And to think we have only been here in Logan for a year and a half. Seems like longer than that. After many trials and challenges Heavenly Father is rewarding us for our faith. Thank you so very much.
3 months ago
3 comments:
You need to go see Adam's comments about this topic (you can get to his blog through ours). We have had some really, really good laughs over it! One thing about kids that's certain is is that you never know what to expect! Keep loving and laughing. Love you!
Long time no see!! Ty and I were just talking about how Emma needs to come over and visit. We miss her! Doesn't Les need to take you on a date or something?
That is so funny about Emma washing her hands, because she LOVED that when she was here too. P.S. my job ends this week so if you need a filler for your chiropractic appts let me know!! Talk to you soon!
Wow, that's so wonderful that she's already potty training so well! I hear girls are much easier than boys. Mine likes to sit there and use the toilet paper, and he'll sometimes go number one, but never number two, and he doesn't ever actually ASK to go, he just wants to use his potty when we are using the bathroom ourselves. LUCKY YOU!
And, you do realize that you're not supposed to drive yourself if you're in labor, right? I may be off my rocker, but I think there may actually be a law against it. You know, we've got laws about everything around here. Just something to consider, it's probably not very safe. You should just do a home birth so that there is no driving involved for you!!
By the way, what is it with you and being due while Les is due to be gone?!
Anyway, I hope things sort themselves out for you!!
-Ginger
Post a Comment