3 months ago
February 6, 2009
Ear Infection Anyone?
Emma has been dealing with a runny/stuffy nose for the last week. I figured as long that was all that happened we were doing good. At one this morning I woke up to Emma crying. I pulled her into the bed with me and in the process noticed that her skin was hot. Les got the themometer and between the two of us we got it into her ear and got a reading. That right there should have been my first clue. Emma is really good about sitting still while I take her temp, etc. This time she didn't want us anywhere near her ears. I gave her some Tylenol and Orange Juice. Just over a half hour later she fell asleep again. She slept restlessly so Les and I got very little sleep. This morning when she woke up I checked her temp again to find it back up to 101.9. I gave her more Tylenol, got us both ready, and called her doctor for an appointment. He was able to confirm that Emma did in fact have an ear infection. She has some medication that she will be taking twice a day for the next little while. The only problem is that Emma doesn't like how it tastes. She has tried spitting it out. I feel bad that I have to hold her down and force her to take it. I have to remind myself that it is either that or let her infection get worse. I really want her to get better. So that is life for the next little while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hide the meds in her drinks. That is what i have to do with my boys. It works as long as the med flavor isn't too strong.
Good Luck. Give Emma a kiss from us.
Post a Comment