February 25, 2009

My bad!

I did end up giving Emma my sinus infection. Last night she couldn't sleep due to her stuffed nose and really bad cough. This morning she had a fever of 100 degrees. So I took her into the doctor. He prescribed an antibiotic and then told us to stop sharing our germs (jokingly of course). That is definiately my plan. So for the next 10 days I will be forcing Emma to take her medicine (oh the fun of it all) and feeling such intense sympathy for her as she comes running to me saying in a whiny voice, "nose, nose." I then wipe it and watch her run away until the next time. I wish she never had to suffer this way but at the same time I know it is part of life and it is better that she knows that early on. Until she is fully over this I anticipate many nights of little sleep. This I know because after being on my own meds for the last 6 days I still wake myself up whenever I cough. Emma will undoubtably be the same for a while.

No comments: