March 1, 2009

Emma and "the princess"

On Friday night we went to an open house for Les' cousin Meagan. I think we all had a good time. I forgot my camera at home so there are no pictures. The title of this post sums up the night. I truly think that Emma thought of Meagan as a real "princess." For a while she watched every move Meagan made. She even acted a little jealous when Meagan danced with her dad. Les tried to distract her by dancing with her during the song but she just pointed at Meagan the entire time. At one point Meagan got her make up touched up for some pictures. Emma sat right next to her to watch everything she did. So Meagan put some on her as well. She looked so pleased to be included. In fact, after she have some lipstick on she kissed Les on the cheek. He was so pleased that he refused to wipe the lipstick off.

When it was time for catching the bouquet Les' uncle Bob took Emma over to be with all the other single girls. I thought for sure that with her behind all the other girls that she wouldn't even come close to the bouquet. I was wrong. It sailed right over their heads and landed in front of Emma. She just reached out and picked them up. She held onto them as if they were a lifeline. I asked her this morning if Meagan gave her those flowers and she noded yes.
After seeing everyone else dance Emma pulled Les out to dance. Everytime he tried to come back to sit down she would pull him back out. One song that was played was So This Is Love from Cinderella. Once she heard it she knew what it was and asked for it over and over. She didn't care for any other song but that one.

So even though I didn't take any pictures while we were there I did take pictures this morning. I was trying to distract Emma from the fact that we were making her wear a dress. So I asked her if she would like me to take a picture of her with the bouquet. She told me yes and ran to stand where I told her to. She did a great job of posing for the picture. After a few she started to move around. She even would look off in a different direction. She is going to be good at getting her picture taken. Here is what we did.











Emma demonstrating how she held her hands to catch the bouquet



The look on Emma's face when she came up with the bouquet
















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't Believe how big she has gotton and look at those Golden Locks she is so Pretty have not seen her or you guys in so long

Jen said...

SO DARN CUTE!!!

Whitney said...

What a doll! You might have a future model on your hands with her superb picture taking skills and darn cute face!