March 9, 2009

Potty Training Day One

This has been one of the longest days I've ever had. To start it off I looked out the window to see that what had been grass yesterday was covered in several inches of snow. Once Emma awoke we placed her in her new training underware. She was not happy that there wasn't a diaper on as well. Every half an hour for 5 to 10 minutes we put her on the potty. It is amazing what you don't get done when you run a schedule like that. For all our effort she went #1 twice and #2 once. All three were not into the potty. By about five this evening she'd had enough. At the mention of her sitting on her potty she would shout NO and run away. I knew potty training would be hard but it pulls at my heart to have her struggling and afraid. I could use any tips that you have to share. Pray for us.
Oh as for the snow it is still coming down. Les spent about two hours clearing our driveway as well as driveways for four of our neighbors. By the time he finished he was soaked and our driveway was covered again. Oh well. We need all the moisture we can get.

No comments: