Of course the best part of the holidays is spending them with family. But mostly in being there to share in the precious moments with Emma. It took her a little bit but she soon got the picture and started ripping into her presents. On Christmas Eve we let her open one gift. It was some pajamas. Les and I thought it would be nice for her to have a set that she could slee
p in and then wear during the gift opening part of Christmas. I think I am going to like making that a tradition for us. Now I have to convince Les that we need Christmas pajamas for us as well. The PJs we got for Emma have Tinker Bell on them. As soon as she saw them she triedripping her clothes off so she could try them on. She is so cute. In fact she likes them so much that she cries everytime I take them off to dress her for the day. Good sign!
I have decided that taking pictures of Emma
opening every gift that she gets is a hastle. After thinking about how I was going to get all of those pictures on here did I remember what my parents did when I was young. Every year Mom and Dad would have us place our gifts all raound us and then they would take our picture. I
t is ingenious! Why didn't I think of this sooner? Once we got home I got all of her presents (minus those being washed and those that had been left behind on accident) and placed them on the wedge for our sectional. Then I put Emma into the middle of it and took the picture. Thankfully, Les helped me otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the beautiful smile on her face. Mostly because she was mad at me for taking her toys and then not letting her play with them when she found them again.
opening every gift that she gets is a hastle. After thinking about how I was going to get all of those pictures on here did I remember what my parents did when I was young. Every year Mom and Dad would have us place our gifts all raound us and then they would take our picture. I
t is ingenious! Why didn't I think of this sooner? Once we got home I got all of her presents (minus those being washed and those that had been left behind on accident) and placed them on the wedge for our sectional. Then I put Emma into the middle of it and took the picture. Thankfully, Les helped me otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the beautiful smile on her face. Mostly because she was mad at me for taking her toys and then not letting her play with them when she found them again. Christmas for Les and I was a smaller event. We decided that we would only get each other one gift. Then when Les realized that I had gotten a gift for him from Emma and Samantha he decided that it was only fair that he do the same for me. Let's just say that the gifts he bought me far out did what I got him. He got me a Canon 30D digital camera (very expensive) and a PSP. I got him a board game and cordal chocolates. Of course in my defense Les also put a limit of $50 on the gift I got him. Does it seem unfair to anyone but me that I got a limit to what I could spend while he bought me a camera that was over a $1000? Not that I would give the camera back but I think next time I will be looking for something a little more for him.
As I said before that we were really busy all though the season. I finished all my goody making and packing shortly before it was time for us to leave town. Of course, I didn't realize until a few days before that we needed to get going so early. Les' sister was going out to visit their parents the weekend before Christmas so Les wanted to start our Christmas travels then. The days before Christmas were spend visiting with family and friends. Oh and Les also got in some homework in so he is pretty close to finishing all the requirements for his incomplete. After Christmas we visited more family and friends. Mom, Dad, and David stopped in to see us just before the new year. Then we headed back to SL for a New Years getaway (I'll tell more about this in another post). Mom and Dad took Emma out to Myton with them. So on New Years day we went to get her and then returned home late Friday. By the way 4 wheel drive and snow tires are wonderful for going over Sardine but even they don't do you any good when one of your headlights go out and the other one is covered in snow in white out conditions. My heart was racing the whole time. As soon as we got home Les changed the headlamp to ease my mind. Saturday we ran from one store to the next getting food and supplies. I figure that with school starting again tomorrow that I won't have much time to do it later.
We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!


No comments:
Post a Comment