May 19, 2011

Forgotten moment from Mother's Day

I forgot to put this story in when I did my post for Mother's Day.  My parents were here for the weekend and came to church with with us.  We got out of the sunday school class we teach so when we finally made it into the chapel my dad was there waiting for us and he had Emma.  Shortly after my mom came in with Samantha and Khloe.  We all sat together for Sacrament meeting.  As the meeting was starting I looked at the ward bulletin and saw that the Primary Children would be singing.  I talked to Emma about it since it was the first time she would be leaving us to go up front with the other kids to sing.  She did not look excited.  When the time came she hesitated but did go up.  I was so proud of her!  What I wasn't prepared for was my reaction to it all.  Emma got up there and actually sang.  She didn't know every word but she kept going.  She did so well!  I burst into tears.  The combination of how well she was doing and having a child of my own up there singing to ME was overwhelming.  I have waited a long time to have one of those cute little primary kids sing directly to me.  When Emma came back to us after singing she saw that I was crying.  She looked worried.  She rushed to me and gave me a big hug to make me feel better.  I love being a mother! 
I just had to share that story!  I hope you enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Mar~ said...

Oh, that is precious. I have always been touched like that when the children sing, especially when mine were up there. Each time the primary kids sing now, I miss having one young enough for that. It really is such a privilege to be a mom!