I have one of the most beautiful girls on the planet. I'm not just talking about her outside appearances. She is beautiful on the inside too. Yes, I am talking about my Emma. She was quite young when I realized she had a tender heart. She worries for her family and tries her hardest to take care of us. I tried my hardest to make her a tomboy. All efforts toward that were an utter waste of effort. My dear child had plans of her own. She likes anything pink and girly. Yes that does include Princesses. Specifically, Cinderella. In fact, Emma has cried over knowledge that her "yellow" (you know Cinderella colored hair) would one day turn brown like her parents. She seems so trumatized over it that I dare not mention that her eyes are starting to get some green into those bright blue pools. That might be more than she can handle.
Despite all of the above Les and I want her to experience as many things as she can. So one day when Les was out running errands he stopped to sign the girls up for swimming lessons he found out she was old enough to be signed up for TeeBall as well. When she found out about it she got so excited! I did have to explain a little bit for her to understand what I was talking about. Fortunately, she has been to several games for a few of her male cousins so that helped her understand. I think she is mostly excited about doing something they have been doing. Whichever the case I will take it. Les too is excited. He immediately went to a sporting goods store with her to buy a Tee, a ball, a mitt (pink), and a bat. Later, he took her to get some clothing just for her games. Here are pictures of her all ready to play.
Her first game was on the 7th. I wasn't able to go to it. It killed me. It killed her too. Before I missed her game I promised that I would be to all the other games she would have. She plays on Tuesdays and Thursdays every week in June. Here are pictures Les took while I was gone.
Ready for the game!
Sitting with her teammates.
Up to bat (yes this is as close as my camera could zoom in on her)
Running to home plate.
For her second game I made sure I had my telephoto lens so I could get some better pictures.
Here she is learning to step then throw.
Connecting with the ball.
Running the bases.
Ready to catch a ball.
No comments:
Post a Comment