June 17, 2012

Family Reunion and My Birthday

The weekend of the 7th-10th of June we travelled out to Myton for the Richens Reunion.  I went out early enough to go to a Relief Society Activity with my mom (Hey I lived in that ward for just short of 2 months).  It was called "how to be an 8 cow wife."  Mom requested that I bring my 8 cow necklace that Les gave me a few months ago.
On to the Family Reunion.  For the past few years we have been having the reunion at the old family farm.  Not the happiest place on earth but I must say it has gotten a whole lot better.  There is actually grass there now.  Also now that we have the reunion in June rather than the end of July or first of August it is a lot cooler there.  My grandfather's family was in charge this year.  Here are pictures of some of the things we did while we were there.
Mom set up and ran the "Space Derby."  Everyone had a great time racing the planes.  She was kept really busy.
 You can't tell but that is Emma going down the water slide.  She waited along time to be able to go down.  She went down twice and then was done.  She was COLD!
 This is Khloe going down the water slide.  She had wanted to go down as much as Emma but then almost didn't go.  She kept giving me this look of torture as she approached it.  I finally told her that she didn't have to go down at all.  That apparently made up her mind.  So she went down once and only once.
 Les in line waiting for lunch.
 Jacob chillin out at his first reunion with his dad.
 The kids loved this little bounce house.  By the time I got this picture . . . .
 Sammi was out cold in Grandma's arms.
The three girls on a swing.

Then for my birthday it was a day devoted to me.  Les made me breakfast in bed.  We ran a few errands.  Then we got ready for what I really wanted to do . . .

SWIMMING!!!
 Les worked with the girls on their back floats,
Getting them comfortable on their bellies,
                                                
 and on kicking their legs to move through the water.
 Part of our group playing together in the water.
Les wanted to get something nice for me.  He started out looking at getting me another telephoto lens.  I talked him into getting me this instead . . . .
 A camera bag that will hold my camera and all my lenses. Look at all that space!  I love it!
 The inner part comes out so I can just take the part holding my camera and lenses.
I had originally wanted a much smaller bag.  This one is the size of a regular backpack.  I decided on this one because I can carry my laptop in the back.  How sweet is that!
Later that night we played singstar on the PS3.  I love that game.  Mostly when I get to watch others battle it out.  I had a great birthday and I got to spend it with people I love.  Who could ask for anything more than that.
My next post will be about today - - - Father's Day! 

No comments: