February 16, 2008

Chinese New Year




Last night there was a Chinese New Year Celebration at the Student Center. Ever since Les learned Chinese he has studied Chinese history and culture. Because he loves everything Chinese we went to the celebration. The food was for the most part really good. Then they started the program. It was odd. That is the best word I could use and still be nice. Les explained to me that what is considered "cool" in China is not what we consider cool here. Through out the program they would do games to give out prizes. One of the "games" was to walk the cat walk and pose at the end like models. The one who the audience liked best would get a special prize (everyone got a prize just for doing it). Somehow I talked Les into doing it and taking Emma with him. When it was his turn I thought he would do something that would show off how cute she is. Instead he put her on his shoulders and then did this bouncy walk thing. The only part of Emma you could see was her head as it bobbed all over the place. He walked so fast that I only got one picture and it is pretty blurry.

I took the picture of the three of us because that is the only way I get into the pictures. After it was over we put Emma next to the dragon. She wanted to get her hands on it so badly.

I think we all had a really good time.

No comments: