I don't know about you but I find guys hard to shop for when it comes to holidays like Valentine's Day. So this year I decided that my gift for Les would be something he couldn't buy. I gave him a few coupons for things like a special lunch, a movie night, etc. Some of them he hasn't gotten yet. My printer is down for a little while. Then the day before Valentine's I made him a dinner from scratch. I made steak, BLT (Bacon, Leek, and Tomato) mashed potatoes, green beans, and corn(Les likes to combine his green beans and corn). Anyway, I think it when well except for one thing. I watch the Food Network a lot. I learned that if you put vinegar into your merinade it will help make your steaks become really tender. I will admit that the steaks were very tender but they tasted very much like vinegar. So lesson learned. I will put something into my marinades that will counter the taste of the vinegar. Les was a little "surprised" at first but for my sake he ate the steaks anyway.
Les had some big plans for the day but getting me to the plans without me knowing what is going on was difficult. He tried to get me to Salt Lake on some flimsy excuses. He had planned to take me to the Texas Roadhouse. When we lived in Taylorsville we lived next to one and because I craved steak all the time when I was pregnant we ate there all the time. I apologize to you honey. I did not make it easy for you to get me there and then only to find out that plans made elsewhere didn't allow us time to actually eat there. Thank you for the attempt. That after all means almost as much as actually doing it. It means that you thought of something that would make me happy. I love you very much.
All in all I think Valentine's Day was a success. We showed each other that we love and are loved. I hope everyone had a great Valentine's day celebration.
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment