Today we attended our new ward. We thought as we prepared to move that we would be in the same ward as Daniel and Jana. However, the Sunday before we moved Daniel called with some news. Their ward was being split and several other ward boundries were being realigned. The point of all this . . . . you guessed it, even though we are about the distance of two blocks apart we attend different wards in different buildings.
It was nice to go to this ward. Les was so excited to be in a "real" family ward. He wants a calling in scouts so bad. If he can't get that he wants to be in the nursery. As luck may have it there are many callings left in the primary and nursery.
I always feel nervous going to a new ward and knowing that they will want me to stand and introduce myself. Well because everyone here is "new" the RS president had each of us stand, say our names and where we live. It is nice not to be the only new person. This was the first week that everyone in this ward had met together as a ward since the change.
We took Emma to nursery. At first she cried a little, and clung to Les. They got out a snack for her and that started the warming up process. A few minutes later we were able to sneak out. She does just fine when we are not there. Still I worried that she would cry or not have someone to play with. What can I say I am a mother. It is my job to worry about her. It is also my job to step back and let her learn and experience new things. It is so hard to do.
On the other hand it is the first Sunday since before she was born that Les and I have been able to sit together and really listen to the Sunday School lesson. As much as I love Emma I must say that it was nice to have her somewhere else (being taken care of). I must enjoy it while it lasts.
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment