Hello new house!
It has been a whirlwind week. On Monday Les called the Springs to see if the house was cleared for moving in. It was! At 3 that afternoon we went in and signed the lease. Then we got to go over and look inside. I know that all the houses here are the same, but there are a few differences between ours and Daniel and Jana's.
So here is where the story goes one of two ways. My plan (that I thought that Les agreed with) was to finish packing that week between classes and take all the small stuff to the new place. Then on Saturday when we knew we could get help we would rent a moving truck and move what was left. I think it was a well thought out plan considering I had a few projects due that still needed to be finished. Instead of that Les did his plan (no he did not talk to me about this until Monday night). He called up friends and people in the ward to see who could help us move on Tuesday. My stress level went through the roof.
On Tuesday morning as I was walking to class I felt all that stress baring down on me. I had to fight so hard not to cry. I didn't last long in class before I called Les and told him I was coming home to help. Long story made short . . . We didn't get a truck until 2 pm and had Daniel, Jana, and Jeff (a friend from SL) to help us. By 7 two guys from the ward showed up to help load the second load. We didn't get the truck unloaded until after 10.
On Wednesday I went to my one class of the day and then spent the rest of it cleaning and packing up my kitchen. Somehow Les forgot about it and it didn't get loaded onto the truck the night before. Once again we didn't finish until late (around 11).
You would think it would be a relief to be in and have the move behind us. No it isn't. Trying to find things and get everything put away has been a nightmare. Things were just thrown into totes and moved. I can't tell what I will find in a tote just by opening it. I have to dig and re-sort everything because things that are alike were not packed together. I do not recommend moving for anyone. If you do just sell everything and start out fresh (and new) at your new home.
Oh and the cluster mail box that will hold our mail is still on its side somewhere in the neighborhood. So for the next two weeks (hopefully only that) our mail is on hold.
One more thing . . . . . Les I am sorry for all the disagreeing and crying I have done over the last week BUT I still think it would have been better for us to wait. Yes that's right I was right!
2 comments:
I agree with you Mel!
Taking the time is well worth it. When we moved to this house I told Ted I didn't want to rush. I went to work when I got home we were moved! I just unpacked the last box yesterday. I am not kidding. Stuff was everywhere! But congratulations on the move. Can't wait to come visit and see the new dwelling.
Post a Comment