For those of you who haven't heard, Samantha was taken by Life Flight Saturday night to Primary Children's Medical Center. She is stable, but hasn't had any improvement.It's been one of the most stressful and trying times of our lives
to have our precious newborn go through such a traumatic event. One day you hold your child in your arms and laugh and smile as she smiles and coos, and then the next day she stops breathing, the next day her lung collapses, and you just don't know what will happen next.
It's not even a roller coaster. There are no ups, just downs, just terrifying news in a steady flow. It seems that there is no end, no brightness, no joy. We see our daughter, asleep, with constant medication, with constant need for observation. We're so grateful for the calls and prayers that everyone has offered. We're grateful for the
excellent medical care Sammi received at Logan Regional and for her being at Primary Children's now, where we know she'll get the best care possible.
We've never been known for our great fortune with luck, but we've always known others that have had it worse. This time isn't quite the exception yet either. We walk the hall to get to Sammi and there are so many little infants, toddlers, and newborns in similar situations that it really helps to empathize with the struggles that other families are going through.
The worst nightmare isn't an
endpoint, but rather a journey, it's a journey of not knowing what is wrong, not knowing how to fix it, and not knowing what is in store for the future. It's a downward spiral that fortunately for us has slowed, at least for now, but we are optimistic that with prayers and excellent medical attention, our little Sammi will recover fully and be able to once again lay in our arms and smile and coo and cause us to rejoice in our love for her.
8 comments:
I can't even imagine the heavy load you are carrying right now. All I can say is that I hope you can all make it through this okay in the end. Remember that we aren't tested with more than we can handle. You are strong and will be okay. We love you and pray for you and Sammi. Let me know if there is anything at all you need.
Our prayers and thoughts are with Samantha and your family. Please let us know if there is anything at all that we can do for you guys. You have been such great friends, so please don't hesitate to ask.
Also have faith and know that the lords on your side. We will be praying for little sammie.
We love you and pray for you. Just know that Emma is doing fine. She ate and slept well last night. Two funny things happened yesterday at David's parent meeting. He was holding Emma and a guy handed him a basket of candy and said, "Take some for your kid." We laughed. Then later Emma saw a newborn baby and said, "My baby."
Best of luck with little Sammi.
we will pray for little sammi!!!!! me (jalynn)cried myself to sleep last night when i found out. we dont know her yet but we love her so much.
LOVE,
jalynn and kortney
I don't know if you remember me. I used to be in your ward when we lived in AV. I'm Courtney Talbot. My heart was aching when I heard through Jana's blog. We have a 3 month old who went through RSV at 2 months. I can't imagine how it would be at 2 weeks. I can see the heartache in your pictures. I'm sorry. There are lots of people thinking of you, me included. Good luck.
I am sure it's weird to hear from people you haven't talk to in years but I remember from my brother's accidents all of the people from all over the world letting us know that they were praying for him and it meant a lot. Your whole family is in our prayers and we want you to know that!
Just wanted you to know that we are praying for you and for you to feel comforted at this really trying and heart wrenching time. We hope your sweet little Samantha will turn a corner soon.
Post a Comment