May 5, 2008

Busy Weekend

So this weekend as it says above was really busy. But all the stress started a few weeks ago. Of course there is the normal and expected stress that comes at the end of a semester with finals. Then we found out that Daniel and Jana's application to move into the Springs housing division was accepted. Their moving date? Right after graduation. On top of that Mom and Dad told me they were going to stay with us while they were here. For a normal person that would be fine but between babysitting, helping with the actual packing, and dealing with Les' stress over finals I had to find time to do some deep cleaning in my own home. I am one of those people who use the excuse that people are coming to stay as motivation to get as many things as clean as I can. It is during those times that Les actually helps me keep things clean. Don't get me wrong I truly love having my parents here. I just felt that I was never going to get things done at home that I wanted to get done. Things worked out very well in the end. So I got to have Tyler and Kailey come to my house from Noon to two for several days while their mom packed. I loved having them over. The actual cause of my stress . . . you guessed it. It was Emma. She has taken this possessiveness to a whole new level of horrible. As soon as she saw them come threw the door she knew why they were there and began to throw her fits. It was nice when Les would come home to help. He would take on Emma while I entertained the other two.

Then with family here and most of Jana's stuff split between the new and old houses we split up the meal duties. Jana did the meal after graduation and lunch on Monday. I did breakfast on Saturday and Monday,and dinner on Sunday. The best part about that was that there were so many volunteers to help clean up as well as do some of the cooking. It was really nice. Thanks mom and dad for all the help you gave while you were here.
Here are some pictures that I took after dinner on Sunday. It was too nice outside to stay inside. That and Mom had a terrible headache so I took Tyler out so she could get some sleep.
I was able to even catch a wrestling match between Grandpa (my dad) and Tyler.


No comments: