I must give a little background to set the scene for this post. For those of you who didn't know yet I started classes this summer. My first class is a 15 week Photography 1 course squeezed into 4 weeks. Emma started at the daycare the same day. So far she is faring much better than I am. I thought I would be in class 5 days a week from 8 to noon. Then I would be able to get Emma and bring her home. I am only on day three and so far that is not how it has happened. On my first day I was given two assignments that were due the next morning. I have spent most of my days at school rather than with Emma. So it is no surprise that Les has been a little on the anxious side for me to come home. He calls me several times during class but I leave it on vibrate so it doesn't disturb the rest of the class.
That being the case I wasn't surprised when my phone started to vibrate. By the time we took a break at 10:30 I had 3 messages on my phone. I checked them to find out that at her own time and will Emma had taken a couple of steps toward Les. To say the least I was ready to go home right then. Les brought Emma to the school when my class ended. I had to finish up a project before I left. During the last 20 minutes or so as I was running a final wash on my finished prints Les got Emma to take a few steps to me. I am so proud of her. I was beginning to think that she would start walking in a few months. Thankfully I was wrong. My beautiful little girl is well on her way to walking.
I am not sure if she is just excited to find something new she could do or if it is something else but since this morning when she started to walk she hasn't quiet stopped. She finds reasons to try to walk. She takes a few steps in order to hand us something she wants. I think it is so cute. The only time she doesn't try is when I get the camera out. We finally wore her out enough that we were able to get a few of her steps on video. So enjoy!
2 weeks ago
3 comments:
Yeah for Emma! Way to go. I can't wait to see it for myself. I'm so happy for you. What an exciting time.
Way to go Emma! I have watched the video several times. I love it.
Mom
Way to go! You sould come again to our house.
Post a Comment