First of all I'd like to congradulate my brother, Daniel, for enduring to the end. I am proud of you for sticking with it and getting your degree.So now the story. After more than 6 years my brother graduated from USU with his Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering on Saturday May 3rd. Mom, Dad, Jen, Kelly, Jalynn, Kortney, Kruz, and Kolby (the last four in that list are the children of my sister Jennifer) came out to go to his graduation. We started out with breakfast at
my house and then at about 10 am we walked to the Quad to take pictures. As you will see Daniel isn't the only one that we took pictures of. The three youngest of my parents grandchildren were all sitting together. It was so cute we just had to take their pictures. Then there was Tyler and Kruz that were running all over the place. I got luck enough to get them to hold still long enough to say cheese. After at sufficiant amount of picture taking we walked to the Kent Concert Hall. That is where the graduation ceremony took place for the College of Engineering. We got there at about 11:30 but the
ceremony was schedule to start at Noon. Among us there were 3 strollers. We sat in the back row were there were seats missing so that people in wheelchairs can sit. We put the strollers in the slots. It was quiet convinent since Emma and Kailey had fallen asleep on the ride to the concert hall. Kolby fell asleep shortly after.As the graduates walked in the audience stood to clap and cheer. That is when Emma chose to wake up and litterally woke clapping. She didn't know why she was clapping but she knew that everyone else was doing it.
As the different departments within the College of Engineering pre
sented their graduates those in attendance where invited to come up front to take pictures of their loved ones. Then to return to their seats so others could do the same. So Jana, Mom, Kortney, and I went up to take pictures. Jana caught it on video while the rest of us took pictures.The best part of it all was that it was short. We didn't have to sit for long listening to boring speeches. After it was over we went outside the building where Daniel met up with his co-workers (who also graduated) to have their pictures taken. I didn't get
pictures of that because my camera was ready to die. If you want to see those pictures visit Jana's blog and request to see them.When that was done we walked back to Aggie Village. Daniel and Jana went home to get lunch ready. I went home to get my contributions to lunch and Mom, Dad, and Les went with me. Jen's family drove to Daniel and Jana's new home (I'll talk about that in another entry) to change. Then we all converged on Daniel and Jana for a wonderful meal. We had several
items to choose from. There was steak, chicken, baked potatoes with all the toppings, a green salad, mango salsa, and chips. It was all so good I ate some of everything.From there Jen and her family headed to Wyoming to visit with Carolyn and her family. Mom and Dad went shopping. I took Emma home for a nap and then took one myself. It was so nice to take a nap.
All in all I would say that it was a wonderful day. I know I had sooooo much fun that I wore myself out.
No comments:
Post a Comment