3 months ago
March 10, 2009
Potty Training Day Two
So today started out much better than yesterday. I think part of the problem was that she didn't take a nap. In fact, she fell asleep at about a quarter to 8 and slept until after 9 this morning. She was in such a good mood when she got up. Our trips to the potty were happy ones. At about 11 she went #1 in the potty. We were so excited! Emma got a sucker for her efforts. She even seemed pleased about what had happened. However, when daddy came home from his appointment at the VA she suddenly didn't want to go anymore. After that it was hit and miss on when she would be willing to sit on the potty. She went #1 one more time but not on the potty. As I have been writing this she was acting funny so I asked her if she wanted to go sit on the potty. She said yes so I put her on it. She had started #2 in her underware and stopped it as soon as I put her on the potty. I haven't been able to get her to continue. I am not sure what to do. I don't want potty time to be a punishment but I don't want her to think that going in her underware is the way to go. I'll be praying about this being the right time to be taking this course.
Labels:
Emma,
Potty Training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is frustrating, but stick to your guns. One day she will realize she prefers the potty.
Another thought ... It is only day 2. There are a lot more to go. I will bring up the chart I used with Kruz. Put stickers on for each time on the potty. Each time, a small piece of candy, each row, a bigger piece of candy. After filling a page: ice cream. It also taught Kruz to count. Each time he addded a sticker, we counted how many he had.
Post a Comment