My gratitude for today is:
"You are the best Mommy ever, except for a little bit."
-Emma
I love the honesty! Before Emma would tell me that I am the best Mommy ever. While I am grateful that she feels that way I have never felt like that I was. In fact, I knew that I could be a whole lot better. Recently, while feeling like a really bad parent she said it to me. I asked her if she really thought that. She told me yes. I ask her, "What about the times I'm not so nice and yell? Am I the best Mommy then?" She thought about it for a little while and that is when she told me that I am except for a little bit. It was the addition of that last part that really got me to thinking about our situation here. My attitude and lack of patience was not making this whole ordeal any better. I knew that in order to have my children think back on this with fondness rather than horror that I needed to change. So I am grateful for Emma's honesty. It is bringing about changes that we all need badly. Our sanity and happiness depend upon it.
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment